Pellet stove thermostat

I would not recommend the Pearl, I had 2 that did not operate properly.

You can easily run the wire through the side walls by getting a concrete bit and drilling a hole in the mortar. Furthermore, you could chip out some mortar in the floor and put the wire down inside, and then cover it with new mortar to hide the wire. A carbide blade on a multitool would make this pretty quick.

Yes (I have 3 lol).

A brand new CT-200 will only pair with a Vivint Hub. I’ve only experienced this once, but I own a Vivint hub that can complete this process (and hopefully figure out what’s transmitted when pairing).

After giving a long hard brainstorming on this, this is what I probably will wound up doing.

I will keep the original thermostat and built a steel mounting plate for it behind the pellet stove to mount the thermostat on and the plate will be big enough to mount either a zwave or zigbee relay contact switch as well too.

The relay contact switch will be hooked up in series with the thermostat and control by the hub with a temperature sensor placed on other side of room.

The original thermostat is used to safe guard and it can be set to something like 85 degree to prevent a defective relay switch or a temp sensor going out of wack to keep the pellet stove burning past 85 degree.

My situation is somewhat similar. AC is close by and can be used for the solution.

• Gas "wood stove"
  • Only a manual "on off" switch, battery powered
  • No thermostat

So, started by looking for a remote thermostat that controls a relay that could be mounted on the stove. Could not find such product.

Next thought was to use HE to control a relay. I see devices in the $50 to $60 range that I think would work. Like the Aeotec Nano Shutter. It is intended to switch line voltage. I only need to switch ~3 volts so would need a relay with a 110vac coil.

https://www.amazon.com/Controller-persianas-automáticas-inteligentes-instalación/dp/B07GVF96Z9/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?dchild=1&keywords=aeotec+relay+z-wave&qid=1595474316&sr=8-1-spons&psc=1&smid=A2RDTQKX07GN6W&spLa=ZW5jcnlwdGVkUXVhbGlmaWVyPUEyS0JaS1Q2QVhCUTFFJmVuY3J5cHRlZElkPUEwMzAxMjU4M0kzNFZDNldIQlhWOCZlbmNyeXB0ZWRBZElkPUEwOTI5OTcwR0ZITlc4SEtNQ1FSJndpZGdldE5hbWU9c3BfYXRmJmFjdGlvbj1jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==

Isn't there something out there more economical? Something to switch low voltage?

Appreciate recommendations!

be aware that some pellet stoves use a proportional thermostat, which modulates the feed auger feed rate.

1 Like