Patched webCoRE for Hubitat (2018/09/09)

Yes that is my understanding as well.

The issue seems to be on the hub not the WC server - but I thought I'd mention my setup anyway just in case. I suspect the pistons I wrote caused a major slowdown when they ran on the hub. Most likely something I did but not sure. My HE WC Smart app version was "v0.3.108.20180906"

Also wanted to let everyone know how I managed to recover without resetting everything..

1 Like

Where did you come up with this URL? I'm trying to do the same but for some reason i can't find anywhere on how to find it.
EDIT:
I was able to find it. If anyone else happens on this thread and is looking for a clearer explanation on how to build the URL, here it is:

That same issue happened to me when I changed to using the new "Devices" selection instead of Sensors and Actuators. I've had WebCore running just fine on the current version for a few weeks, but as soon as I went in and messed with the "Devices" I started running into crashes with my hub whenever a WebCore rule ran.

I'm going to try and fix things the same way, just wondering if anyone else has tried changing to the "Devices" selection from the originally available options, and if that's caused issues.

That's interesting.. I was indeed using the devices section when the slowdown occurred but I don't think it was the primary reason not sure though.

In WC I was using a lot of triggers.. mixing triggers and normal comparisons and timers. I thought maybe that had something to do with it or I was created piston(s) that were in conflict with each other like a "fatal embrace" or some sort of race condition.
I only had like one or 2 global variables. I wonder if using virtual devices has anything to do with it? Seems like I started using virtual devices/groups a lot more just before the crash.

Is it possible that you deleted a device or removed a device from webCoRE that was included in a piston before deleting the piston? This is one situation where I could see big problems being created that the server implementation of webCoRE could react appropriately but our poor little server would just be completely unable to deal and recover.

1 Like

For me that is a possibility now that you mention it. Would not have done that at first though because I was ramping up and switching over devices from ST. Now that the migration is mostly complete and I'm in discover and play mode with HE - I certainly may have added/removed devices/groups etc without removing the piston...

Hmmmmm...

Having an issue parsing an HTTP get response. Anyone have any ideas? There's a thread on the webCoRE forum.

Anyone been able to parse HTTP responses in webCoRE yet?

I turned off all selections in the "Devices" section and upgraded to 1.16 and I don't have the 500 errors anymore with the Hub freezing. I'm almost certain using the "Devices" option is what caused the problem, but I can go figure it out for sure later when I can afford the downtime on the automations/ hub.

1 Like

If that's what it is - that's great to know! I wonder if it is also missing/removed devices still in pistons.

I made a little docker-compose project to download and build the hubitat patched webcore with SSL enabled. Just change the servername (2 places) in the docker-compose.yml, then docker-compose up -d.

https://github.com/bmcgair/webcore-docker/

Cheers

Is docker like a VM ?

1 Like

Can this be installed on an UnRaid server that has docker? If so, is there a direct installation link to install it?

Docker is the hypervisor like VMware or virtual box. Containers are the vms. It's a lot more modular than VMware.

Can this be used somehow on an Unraid server that has docker?

I'm not sure what unraid is, but I don't see why not. The idea of docker containerization is that containers will run anywhere that can run docker.

if you have both the docker and docker-compose commands on the box it should be good to go. Even just "docker" could be made to work.

UnRaid is a type of OS to create and run a Raid server. It has a GUI interface through a browser and part of the interface has a section that you can install docker containers through. It installs everything automatically. You don't need to use linux commands, etc. I think it is called a wrapper that is on the docker hub. I think you use linuxserver.io to build an isolated app container. I don't know enough about it to do it myself. Wondered if you would know?

it looks like their thing pulls built containers from dockerhub, or uses some plugin to install verified pre-built "community applications". It all seems... sort of wrapped in their world.

I've gone ahead and built the container with a baked in certificate named "webcore" and pushed it to dockerhub. You may be able to install it via their "add container" button using the docker repo:

bmcgair/webcore-docker:latest

The run command in regular docker would be:

docker run bmcgair/webcore-docker:latest

It listens on port 443 by default so you'd just https://unraid-ip, click through the warning about the ssl cert, and you're good to go. That is, unless something else is already running on 443, in which case you'd need to run it on a different port. I don't know how to do that on un-raid, but for regular docker it would be:

docker run -p newportnumber:443 bmcgair/webcore-docker:latest

Well I did a search for your username in the docker applications in Unraid and it was there so installed it. I got it to come up in the web browser! Now I need to install the app in hubitat. Do I install all of the smartapps in the github link? There are four smartapps in the github.

Yes. Actually there are 5. You need them all... err... you may not need fuel stream, but it doesn't hurt to install it.

27%20PM

@bill how does WebCore know to use this webcore on my Unraid server?