Patched webCoRE for Hubitat (2018/09/09)

@jp0550

I was wondering if you had tried using ifttt? For the life of me I can not get it to work right in hubitat. I have tried tons of variations on the url. I do get recent received responses but the piston never does anything? Any thoughts?

I have around 70 pistons working OK.
I have webCoRE locally hosted on an RPi but this is not necessary for webCoRE to work OK.
Is nothing working at all?
How have you set up webCoRE?
Post an example of a piston so people can have a look to see if its something that you may be doing wrong.

EDIT: Settings for my RPi.

BTW. My RPi and my Hubitat hub have been allocated fixed/static IP addresses to ensure the settings do not have to keep changing.

Other pistons work and fire ok. I have had some issues with timed ones not firing, I have not updated in awhile though.

I am only having trouble when trying to get an ifttt trigger to work. It seems I have built the urls correctly, the piston never seems to repond to it though

Ah. Sorry.
I misread your post. Instead of not being able to get IFTTT to work with webCoRE, I thought you meant just webCoRE.
Sorry cannot help with IFTTT. I don't use it as I find I always get a terrible delay so steer clear of it.

Yeah - This is not the ifttt service I am trying to use actually - I am trying to use event ghost to send the ifttt event to hubitat. It worked perfect in smartthings. Just a basic curl call. However in hubitat the same call doesnt seem to work correctly.

Local endpoint or cloud endpoint. I suspect it is possible i still dont have the url right. I get the expected response back though.

I think I see the issue. I'll take a stab at fixing it tonight. It has to do with not being able to subscribe to location."attribute" in hubitat like you can in smartthings with both devices and the location.

1 Like

It may be worth breaking out your issue into its own thread.
Individual issues can get lost in this generic thread.
Just a thought. Good luck.
EDIT: Forget that. Looks like @jp0550 is on the case.

1 Like

Got it fixed. Update your webcore-piston app with the code from my repo

3 Likes

Wow that was quck - seems to be working nicely with cloud endpoint. Will try a local one in a bit.

Thank you so much for taking the time to this. Allows for great interaction with tasker and other devices.

Looks like the local endpoint works as well. Local control is AMAZING. Many many thanks to the HE team.

1 Like

Iā€™m trying to get my android device and the webcore Presence to now register to the webcore I have on my Rpi.

It was previously used to connect to the ST environment. How do I properly remove the data on that phone and connect to the webcore over on my Rpi?

On the iPhones it was pretty straight forward. Just delete the app and reinstalling it and registering the browser and all was good. But no luck for the android device.

Any pointers?

I installed WebCoRE and enabled Oath, am able to select devices it can manage, but when creating a piston, none of hte devices are available in the drop-down. What am i doing wrong?

I tried in multiple browsers, with the same result

Same thing happened with me at first. I then went into Hubitat and clicked on "Apps". Locate the WebCore section, then you should see the app with the type "Storage". Clicking on that app and selecting the devices there worked for me. The Storage app didn't show up in the list until after I opened Webcore the first time.

Is it possible to access webCoRE (local install) from outside LAN?

I have port forwarding configured. I do the whole register browser thing, and after entering the code, the webcore circle just continuously spin before finally opening to a blank dashboard.

The safest way to so this is to set up your home router as an OpenVPN server. Then, connect to your home using an OpenVPN client. You will then have full access to everything on your home network, in a safe, secure, encrypted manner.

1 Like

Hi there, I'm slowing trying to move from ST to Hubitat but having a ton of issues getting webCoRE to work on Hubitat over the last 2 weeks of trying multiple times.

When I try to create a piston, the piston will never create with the webCoRE logo just spinning like it's loading but nothing ever loads. I tried both using the webCoRE server I have running on my network on Raspberry and using dashboard.webcore.co but getting the same results. I rebooted Hubitat hub, removed/readded webCoRE app and deleted the App Code several times and readded it. I have just webCoRE setup as OAuth:

I tried multiple ways with setting up the custom endpoints and have them setup correctly and even tried with it disabled.

Logs of the Piston I'm trying to create
[app:null] (http://10.100.90.36/logs#appnull)2018-06-22 21:36:25.162:errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: com.hubitat.hub.dao.InstalledAppDao.saveState() is applicable for argument types: (null, java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [null, [created:1529717785139, modified:1529717785140, build:0, ...]] Possible solutions: saveState(long, java.util.Map) on line 1067 (installed)

Logs of webCoRE Instance I have installed:
[app:173] (http://10.100.90.36/logs#app173)2018-06-22 21:56:12.802:errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Maps with null keys can't be converted to JSON (api_intf_dashboard_piston_get)

[app:173] (http://10.100.90.36/logs#app173)2018-06-22 21:56:10.146:errorjava.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Maps with null keys can't be converted to JSON (api_intf_dashboard_load)

[app:173] (http://10.100.90.36/logs#app173)2018-06-22 21:55:59.853:errorDashboard: Authentication failed due to an invalid token null

[app:173] (http://10.100.90.36/logs#app173)2018-06-22 21:55:49.758:errorDashboard: Authentication failed due to an invalid token null

Anyone have any suggestions, short of factory resetting my Hubitat hub which I can't find instructions for, I don't know what else I can try since it replicates on both the regular webCoRE Dashboard and my Raspberry server on my local network. RM is working fine on my Hubitat hub on a few that I setup but I would rather move over the 112 pistons I already have setup.

webCoRE works fine on my ST hub as well. With the authentication errors, I have tried multiple passwords, tried multiple computers and cleared cache on Chrome and IE to rule out password or browser issues.

Have you tried it, without using your own server 1st? Turn off custom endpoints and prove that first before you go into creating you local dashboard.

Thanks for suggestion, I did try that before but won't hurt if I delete webCoRE again and try that again first. I'll try when I'm home later today.

Everything was working fine for the IFTTT but as of today, this stopped working. Coincided with the hub update to 1.1. Is it just me?

Did a quick test and it was still working for me:

damn....more testing on my end i guess.