Paired Aqara Leak sensor and a lot of Orbit 12 Station sprinkler component devices showed up? [SOLVED]

Hello,

I paired an Aqara leak sensor successfully today. The default driver Hubitat picked was the Orbital 12 Station Sprinkler. I have since changed the driver to markus's drivers. Now I am left with a lot of component devices for Orbital 12. What do I do with these?

You should most likely manually remove them. They are child devices of the main device, so it should not have any impact on routing. You'll need to click on each of them, scroll to the bottom and click "Remove Device".

Normal I would not suggest this, and instead recommend excluding and then including. However it will most likely come back as the same device, and do this same thing again. They should not be causing anything other than clutter at this point, so you could also wait for some others to chime in.

I have 5 of those units to pair, so I'm interested to see if the same happens to me. If I get to them in the system soon I will post my findings here.

1 Like

@at9 posted the solution in another thread:

It is my Zigbee Toolbox Driver he links to. It will take care of removing the child devices. Why this happens at all is another thing, I've seen and heard about it happening at times with this particular device. As to the why you have to ask Hubitat about how their fingerprint feature works. They might need to put some more weight on the model name when selecting a driver.

3 Likes

Thanks all for your replies. I was able to markus' Zigbee toolbox to remove the component devices

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.