Outdoor smart switch on/off recommendations

Hi everyone, I have an inovelli smart switch for my car porch. But after 2 years, the switch seems to have given up, probably because of the cold winter.

Is there any hubitat compatible smart switches for outdoor that is recommended for cold weather?

Thank you for your help.

I noticed someone else pose this very question a few weeks back... lemme see if I can find that discussion for you:
Best option for pool pump and heater? GE 14285 40A Outdoor Switch?
or
GE Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Smart Outdoor Switch
or
Outdoor Switches

Thank you, I will check those.

I've been using a couple of GoControl WA00Z-1 Z-Wave Scene-Controller Wall Switches, each mounted outdoors, protected in a low-profile switch outlet cover like https://www.amazon.com/Taymac-MM110C-Weatherproof-Outdoor-Receptacle/dp/B001JEPX3U/ref=psdc_6291367011_t5_B07MDV7LCN. The outlet cover is surface mounted to an exterior wall, with the Zwave switch inside.

The GoControl switch is nice because it take 2x 2450 batteries, meaning that I change them less than once a year.

Despite rain, snow, winter nights in the single digits, days over 100F, and the doubts of some folks here, the switches are still working fine since 2019.

1 Like

Ha, that's exactly the same setup I use outside! Works wonders for things like Christmas lights and garden floodlights. For the latter, I actually employ MirrorMe app to keep the floods in sync with my front porch light. Very effective, and neat that I can sync a relay-based receptacle with an interior dimmer using Hubitat, with no separate rule.

Perhaps the toughest aspect of this arrangement is Including or Excluding the Z-Wave plug from one's hub, but lots of us discovered ways to tether our controller to a long Ethernet cable whilst walking about with a portable USB charger in hand, lol.