Outdoor motion flood light override

I bought a couple very bright outdoor motion flood lights, hooked them up to a GE zwave switch and found out after installation that there is a special procedure I have to do to keep them on 100% of the time at full brightness. Can anyone give me some pointers on how I can perform the following steps within Hubitat to enter their "override" mode?

1. Turn the light on and keep it on for at least 60 seconds (Sensor warm-up time)
  2. Switch the power OFF–ON–OFF–ON via the GE ZWave switch within 3
    seconds

I am thinking of using a Virtual Switch as a trigger so that I can have normal operation via the zwave switch, then this special mode if I turn "on" the virtual switch but I cannot figure out how to turn on, wait 60 seconds, off-on-off-on in any time let alone within 3 seconds.

Not sure if that would work if the procedure requires using the actual paddle switch to perform the off-on-off-on procedure? I just installed yesterday a Zooz Zen22 Dimmer to do just what you are with the motion flood lights and works great.

The requirement is with the light fixture itself receiving power. Controlling the switch physically or remotely should be fine if I can get the commands issued fast enough. How did you do yours?

I misunderstood what you meant by via the GE switch, my bad. Zooz didn't have anything special, that of any other dimmer switch installation, just hooked up the line, load, neutral, and ground, paired it right away and off to the races, works perfectly.

1 Like

I would look into the internal wiring to see if it might be possible to use one of the micro Zwave dual switches to switch between always on and motion controlled.???

I have one of those for my fireplace but I'm not sure how I would program it. I was hoping there is a rule I can create to say turn on the switch, wait 60 seconds, turn off, on, off, on with less than one second waits.

It looks like I can do this in webcore in smart things but would prefer to do it in native supported apps within hubitat.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.