OSRAM Lightify Cloud shutting down 31-Aug-2021

I seriously doubt it.

Anyone interested in 20 shiny white paper weights?

Why do you have 20 Lightify bridges?

1 Like

I bought a bulk pack of the dimmable bulbs for $5 a bulb that came with the hub. Was hoping to be able to salvage at least a few of them for backups. I may just toss em'.

With the latest update they support Manual Updates in the Help settings.
So once you update you're all set.
:crazy_face:

Last night I tried updating my Lightify bridge, which worked. And then tried to update the firmware on some LED strips, which didn’t work :face_with_raised_eyebrow:.

I have a couple strips, Lightify Flex Outdoor RGBW, that won't update either (been trying for a couple months) but they still seem to work ok. I think they are old, pre ZHA. I logged in as local last night and everything I checked was working in the lightify app. I used my VPN with the app this morning and had no issues. I didn't use the cloud service before so I don't think I'll even notice the server has been shuttered. I only have 4 devices connected to the lightify hub and Adam's local integration has worked really well for me.

1 Like

I can access the "Manual Updates" but this requires you to enter a link to a specific FW version provided by Lightify tech support. They also tell you to refer to the FAQ for available versions, but there ain't nothin' in the FAQ remotely close to a list of FW versions. Any pointers?

But they work just fine on Hubitat without their cloud..... Other than firmware updates, they should work going forward... sounds like good deal on the strips to me...

Sorry no, did my Gateway and lights automatically a few months ago.
But I think you can do some Lightify device firmware updates directly with HE now.

Anyone else's updated hubs not working? I have two that are up-to-date, but when I try to connect in "Smart Local Mode" it usually just hangs....

I just checked again before responding and have no problem accessing my Lightify gateway with the lightify app.

Go to Local Mode.
No Gateways found.
Reset Gateway.
Onboard using QR Code.
Scan QR Code.
Connect to Gateway.
Set up local wifi (ip assigned on router).
Select time zone. Gateway Unreachable
Go to Local Mode....
Repeat.
:face_with_symbols_over_mouth:

I'm struggling with these gateways after the cloud shutdown. They won't stay connected and keep reverting to a state that says "Gateway is Unavailable". Anyone else having this problem?

I was just going to skip the Osram gateway and pair the light to Hubitat. However I can't find a Hibitat app to control the lights other than the device attributes. I'd like something that is more user friendly to select the color , brightness etc. Any suggestion?

You can add the device to a dashboard, which would allow you to manually control the settings.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Hubitat®_Dashboard

Thanks. Forgot about dashboards. Going to use Event Engine app to create some color scenes

1 Like

what is the FCC-ID of the lights you are trying to add. It's printed on the product or controller

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.