Orbit Hose Timer

I paired the Orbit Hose Timer (Iris/Zigbee) to my hub.

For the dashboard, which template do I choose?

Valve works for me.

2 Likes

:point_up_2: Yep.

@Navat604 and @Otto_Mation

Is there a simple app you use to control the timer?

I am not aware of one. I haven't used them much because I only paired the a month ago or so and it's winter. I have played with them a bit just using the driver settings.

Even if the driver does not directly support the timer but only exposes open and close, you should be able to create a simple Rule Machine timer to turn if off so many minutes after it being turned on.

I haven't done much with it but it exposes quite a bit.

My needs are simple, so I'll just use Rule Maker.

Thank you, everyone!

Try simple irrigation. Been using this since released and it's really nice.

2 Likes

I was quite pleased with the Orbit 21005 B-hyve Bluetooth Hose Faucet Timer, and even use the @KurtSanders Orbit B-Hyve and @tonesto7 Rachio Community apps, plus a rule to mirror an unused Rachio zone to the first Orbit hose timer. Worked great. I did all my scheduling and weather logic in Rachio and it treated the hose-connected zone as its own.

So I decided to add another Orbit hose timer and do the same thing. After messing with it for hours, I've now discovered that even in the Orbit B-Hyve native app, you can't create a second zone for a second timer. All hose timers are "Zone 1" and the only way to switch between them is manually within their app switch which of the hose timers you mean when you say "Zone 1".

Has anyone come up with a workaround? Is there a way to programmatically select one of the two times from within Hubitat?

Coming in late here, but curious if you are still using this, and if so what Driver/App you are using for the Orbit. This is the one I'm considering.

Yes, the first paragraph in my post two post upthread is still accurate. Disclaimer: I only use the Orbit valves during the fall, so technically I haven't used this setup since last November. But it worked fine for me last fall.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.