Options for including Home Assistant devices in HE

I know some of you have Home Assistant and HE. I am wondering what the options might be for including HA devices in HE. I have some Homkit devices that I just connected to the HA Homekit server and would like to get access to those devices for automations and the like.

Using the MQTT app you will be able to link HA and HE bidirectionally and with auto discovery of devices both ways, or you can do it just one way, or even manually.

I see you just sent me a PM re the MQTT app and I will get you the information to test the current 'alpha3' version.

In this instance however you're already bridging from HomeKit to Home Assistant and so my approach would probably be different. Bridging a device that is already bridged is likely to cause twice as many issues of dependability and functionality as well as an extra delay. So I would try and get your HomeKit devices directly into HE so that HE and HA are both directly bridged to HomeKit.

If you have other devices (onoff, dim, colour, locks, sensors) that you might want to share between HA and HE then the MQTT app would be ideal.. it does work with double bridged devices such as Hub Connect and so is useable in your HomeKit<>HA<>HE scenario but probably not the best way

I am actually using the HomeKit server component in HA. I will not be using an iDevice in my system at all. I just want to bring a couple of devices that only have HomeKit support, into HE. I have no interest in sharing any HE devices with HA either.
Many thanks for the link. In reading the app description, I may be a bit early for a thermostat and lock to work. I will set it up anyway and see what I see. Thanks again.

OK, yes ... for basic lock support and initial thermostat support you definitely will need the next release, alpha 4.. (which has been imminent for several weeks now, frustrating hold up for me too)

K

Thanks, I will be patient. I still need to brush up on my HA skills. Even after 4 years with HA going back feels odd, especially with Hass.io.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.