OpenWeatherMap-Alerts-Weather-Driver

'rainToday' is the attribute for daily precipitation accumulation. It is not specified in the API documentation the time when it resets, The driver polls the API at the interval you set in the External Source Poll. It is not specified in the API Documentation how often the OWM data itself is refreshed.

Thanks.

I installed this app today after stumbling upon it while looking for alternatives to DarkSky. This looks like it will be great! But...

...after I have installed it and set everything up, it does not seem to be updating like it is supposed to. I have verified that my polling is set for every 10 min (day and night), I have clicked "Save Preferences" numerous times like you suggested, but it still does not update. What do I need to do to get this to work correctly?

My polling settings look like this:

The Scheduled Jobs looks like this right now:

The pollOWM job is like...5 hours from now. Shouldn't that be running every 10 min?

Your setup looks okay. The only thing I can think of is to check the time set on your hub. Settings --> Hub Details : image

Yeah, my hub has the correct time for my location:

opw3

(some time has passed since I posted my first reply)

I don't have any other brilliant ideas. Just the usually troubleshooting...... reboot hub, open driver and hit 'Save Preferences' again.

I also think it is odd that you don't show any 'Prev Run Time', meaning it has never ran. That tells me the schedules are not be set correctly, which it what hitting the 'Save Preferences' button does. Mine looks like this:( set to poll every 15 minutes)

Ok so, this is kind of weird, but I went back into the settings and changed my polling times to be every 15 min (like your setup)...and now all of a sudden it is working like it should. So strange. But this app seems to be great!

1 Like

I'm trying to use this driver with Sharptools dashboard... it's working except for the icon, it's showing N/A, is there a setting I need to toggle?

Make sure you have the SharpTool.io toggle on (in Optional Attributes).

Mine is working.....

2 Likes

Hmmm...the rainToday seems to have some troubles...It does not make sense that the accumulation can go down through the day. Is it too bad that the docs are poor...
rainToday 0.3 | 2020-08-02 12:07:54.496 AM EDT
rainToday 0.4 | 2020-08-02 08:56:20.700 AM EDT
rainToday 0.3 | 2020-08-02 11:11:20.740 AM EDT
rainToday 0.2 | 2020-08-02 02:11:20.574 PM EDT

In this driver the rainToday is the daily rain forecast. The forecast can and does change throughout the day. To my knowledge OWM does not present a total daily actual accumulation measure. Under the 'current' group they may provide 1 hour and/or 3 hour measures, but not total accumulation for the day.

[UPDATED]
V0.1.3
09/05/2020

Changes:

• Improved Alert handling for dashboard tiles (modelled after @bptworld's WDG alert error handling), again, various bug fixes.

PLEASE NOTE : after any update of the driver code, even if you use Hubitat Package Manager, you should open the virtual device, click 'Save Device', then click 'Save Preferences'.

2 Likes

Seeing this error in the log:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method toInteger() on null object on line 580 (pollOWMHandler)

I am seeing this error in the logs as well. I noticed that the Weather Alerts have not updated since I installed the update yesterday. Everything else seems to be working though, I think.

Error for me looks like this:

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method toInteger() on null object on line 580 (pollOWMHandler)

[UPDATED]
V0.1.4
09/07/2020

Changes:

• Bug fix for java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method toInteger() on null object on line 580 (pollOWMHandler)

PLEASE NOTE : after any update of the driver code, even if you use Hubitat Package Manager, you should open the virtual device, click 'Save Device', then click 'Save Preferences'.

1 Like

Working again for me now. No more errors, and the weather alerts are being properly updated along with everything else. Thanks!

1 Like

Alert tile is broken mow for me in latest update. Says alert are unavailable

This is the bug

Yeah...looks like I spoke too soon. I'm seeing the same thing. "Weather alerts are not available."

[UPDATED]
V0.1.5
09/08/2020

Changes:

Interesting. This does not give me any error? I am guessing it has to do with some regional server differences? I will remove the 'certainty' parameter from the poll.