OpenWeatherMap-Alerts-Weather-Driver

Thank you, Matt. It was the API. The API key would not work until I put my credit card info in (even though you get 1000 free calls per day).

1 Like

Referring to what Inquiring_Mind just realized above, I would like to ask again:

This driver will not help you. You would be better off asking that question in new thread. Thanks.

I've recently moved from Smarthing Webcore to Hubitat Webcore. Most everything has gone smoothly, but I'm deeply struggling with weather. I registered for API key ith OpenWeatherMap. I've added that key within the settings of Hubitat Webcore. (I also haveWebcore Storage installed.) I also went to git hub and retrieved the OpenWeatherMap-Alerts-Weather-Driver and pasted that into Hubitat as a driver code. Then, I created a virtual device named Weather and assigned it to use the new driver above. I'm able to see all of the settings for this device...I entered API key again, setup all my preferences, and it pulled in all of the Current weather, so I thought all was well. However, none of the states have updated since even though I have the External Source Poll Interval set for hourly. To troublehoost, I have pressed the "Save Preference" button and "Save Device" button and rebooted my hub on three separate occasions. However, none of the weather stats being displayed are updated. What am I missing?

Turn on 'Extended Logging', hit 'Save Preferences', then do a poll. Any errors in the logs?

I've done that, and most of the items show "Info" but no "Errors". There were the following two "Warn":

[dev:65]2022-09-02 09:57:14.455 am [warn]OpenWeatherMap.org Weather Driver - WARNING: 401:Unauthorized

[dev:65]2022-09-02 09:57:14.451 am [warn]OpenWeatherMap.org Weather Driver - WARNING: Calling https://api.openweathermap.org/data/2.5/onecall?

This is your issue. OWM is not accepting your API Key as valid. Do you have a legacy OneCall 2.5 API Key, or do you have a recently acquired OneCall 3.0 API Key? You have the driver set to use the Legacy OneCall 2.5 API Key. If you have a recently acquired OneCall 3.0 API Key you need to change the setting in the driver to use the 3.0 API Key.

That was it! It seems to be working now. Thanks for your help with that. It defaulted to 2.5, and when I registered for the API, it wasn't clear to me which version I was registering for. Many thanks!

1 Like

Hi, I'm a bit new here. I'm moving from SmartThings to Hubitat so I have a lot of gaps. Did I set up my OpenWeatherMap-Alerts-Weather-Driver correctly?

This is what I did:

1. Install the Driver using HPM
  2. Add a virtual device called Open Weather Map
  3. Add the virtual driver called OpenWeatherMap
  4. Registered and obtained a free key from Open Weather Map
  5. Put in my Key
  6. Competed all the remaining Preferences
  7. Save everything
  8. I waited about hour or so then pushed the refresh button

"Current States" appears as follows:

• city : New Toronto
  • cloudiness : 100
  • humidity : 87
  • pressure : 1018
  • temperature : 18
  • weather : overcast clouds
  • weatherIcons : 04d
  • windDirection : 133
  • windspeed : 0.89

Just wonder why I don't see "Feelslike"? or other attrubutes?

Turn on extended attributes and hit aave preferences.

@kahn-hubitat thanks for the reply.

I don't have any extended attributes showing up under preferences. All I have are:

• OpenWeatherMap API key *
  • Zip Code (optional)
  • Country Code (optional)
  • Latitude (optional)
  • Longitude (optional)
  • Weather polling interval
  • Enable debug logging
  • Enable descriptionText logging

I am wondering if I created the Device incorrectly but could not find any URL or Documentation on how to? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

There is a built-in OpenWeatherMap driver that has only a few of the offered attributes. It seems that is the one you selected. If you look further down the list of drivers, under "User", you should find the OpenWeatherMap-Alerts Weather Driver you installed.

1 Like

Thank you @bjcowles that added a lot more feature selections. I was really hoping to see the "Feelslike" temperature, but I don't see that attribute. What I see is

Current States

• city : Swansea
  • cloudiness : 100
  • humidity : 88
  • pressure : 1020
  • temperature : 17
  • weather : light intensity drizzle,mist,
  • weatherIcons : 09d,50d,
  • windDirection : 60
  • windspeed : 7.72

I am Guessing this is as good as it gets.

You are still using the integrated OWM driver, not this driver. In your virtual driver under "Type" you need to select this driver. In that drop down scroll all the way to the bottom past the 'System' drivers to the 'User' drivers section at the bottom. There you should see this driver (if you have installed it).

@Matthew thank for reaching out. I have installed that driver I believe

I have the Display All Optional Attributes On

This is what I am seeing

I was hoping for "FeelsLike" because we use that metric a lot in our household.

Looks like you are using this driver, but it is not polling. This driver does not have a 'weatherIcons' attribute, but that was a remnant of the integrated driver you started with. I am guessing that since you are new you have OneCall 3.0 API Key? Do you have that turned on?

@Matthew yes I do have that on...

@DGBQ
Turn on 'Extended Logging' then click 'Save Preferences'. With the logs open in a separate tab/window, click 'Poll data'. Any errors or warnings?

@diegodelprat See this post to show how to display the threedayfcstTile in a Hubitat dashboard.

1 Like

Hey @mathew a bit new with Hubitat...hope this is what you were looking for...