Open weather map

I installed the openweathermap through HPM and can not see any of the "Current States". All of the attribute fields are available but no data for for City. In the City Name, I tried both the zip code and the actual city name. Is there a delay after first installing- I installed this about an hour ago...

That would be a Custom App / Driver that you need to get assistance under that guise.... Not an issue with what you have posted, just a an adjustment...

2 Likes

Have you already tried the built-in OpenWeatherMap driver that Hubitat offers? Simply go to Add Devices, Add Virtual Device, and then make sure you select the "OpenWeatherMap" driver type. Fill in your OWP credentials, and you should get data showing up.

I believe the HPM version is going to be a very custom community solution, which offers more features. I'd recommend starting with the built-in driver first, to see if it is sufficient. If not, you'll receive much better assistance on the community version by posting in that developer's thread.

I am guessing this is the OWP integration that you've installed from HPM?

2 Likes

Did you get your open weathermap API key?

yep

I tried both the one via HPM and the one thats built in. Neither one generated data. Tried it twice. Went back out on the openweathermap website and generated a new api and tried it too.

I got the free api key first then went thru HPM within Hubitat and installed it from there. It populated State Variables but nothing under Current State

I then created a new Virtual Device and selected the built in openweathermap, then generated a new api and used it. Nothing populated under State Variables or Current State.

Take out long/lat, set polling for 1 hour. Turn on both enable debug and text logging and watch the logs on refresh

You should have this

1 Like

That worked for the built-in openweathermap but the data is limited. I'd like to use the one from HPM since it has more of the attributes I'd like to use- sunrise-sunset, 3day forecast.

For all that I use Wunderground..

Now thats a lot of data- Does Wunderground work the same way. Is there a driver code and api key available and is it a pain to set up

Again, I’d recommend posting your questions for the custom integration in the developer’s thread. This way other users of that custom integration will see your post and will have experience in troubleshooting.

1 Like

Yep

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.