Onkyo app: Zone 2 support?

Awesome! Glad you got it working.

1 Like

Wow, I leave for a couple of hours to go on a bike ride, come back and you and @ogiewon solve the Zone 2 issue :slight_smile: Thanks guys--hope to have some time to play with this later.

Oh, and how can you not love this community?

2 Likes

In the bad news....when i first tried to use mine the other day, the wires outside were shorted, and I blew out a channel. Ugh.

Debate time, try to fix it, or buy a new one.

Well that sucks. These receivers typically have protection against shorted outputs. Are you sure the channel is dead?

Cant get anything to come out of right channel. plug it into left and all is good. When I was messing with is the other day streaming to it I cranked volume and it reset the whole unit. After that, i powered it back up 3 times and every time i turned on zone 2 it reset again.

Dummy me though it was a software problem with the built-in spotify app without checking the speakers outside. Oddly the right "Height" channel works which is kind of "shared" with the right Zone2 channel.

Reading online its probably just replacing a transistor and/or capacitor. It's only 2.5 years old NR676....i should probably try. Will have to get the multimeter out and if I find it I will buy a soldering iron. (been years lol)

I'd be interested in the extra harmony functionality. Would you be willing to share your modifications to the code?

No modifications needed. @ogiewon 's Harmony Hub Driver gives you everything you need. His code can basically trigger any activity OR device action that a harmony allows. You just have to create the "Custom Action" in Rule Manager to trigger it.

First try to trigger device events manually. Open the Harmony Hub parent device and look at the "Device Command" in the Commands UI. Enter a basic function like "volumeUp" and then the Device ID of your Television. (from "State Variables" section of the same screen). You'll find that Harmony will send the volumeUp command to your TV immediately.

If you're looking how to do something specific, describe it and I'll try to point you in the right direction.

"Debate time, try to fix it, or buy a new one."

Buy a new one, and make it a Deneon. I finally threw in the towel with Onkyo, I'm tired of replacing AVRs more frequently than I do cell phones.

But I straight up stole your Pico-Remote idea.

1 Like

Oddly enough. I went to go look at it a few weeks afterward and the channel just started working again!

Glad you got the Harmony stuff working. I think it's actually a BIG functionality add to hubitat

1 Like