Old hub name stuck when trying to link to google/alexa

On Google, it says The parameter "state" must be et in the query string. On Alexa, it goes back to the skill screen momentarily and then "Unable to link account with Alexa" comes up. Cannot connect with either.

Also, the app doesn't bring up any devices. If i'm on the LAN, I can go to tools and Connect to Hub, but if I try the devices tab at the bottom it just spins endlessly. I did buy the protect + remote admin.

That shouldn't make any difference here, these are only needed if you want to do things like add rules when you are not on your network, it has no effect on things like Alexa or Google.

Please forgive the silly question, but where are you seeing Tools and Connect to Hub (in what app?)

Going back to this for a second, you did a soft reset? Did you restore the old devices via a backup, or did you re-add them all new?

@bobbyD something seems off here...

1 Like

Mind sharing what devices have you installed (make and model) and what device type they use (from the left menu click Devices, then selecting each device opens Device Details - under Device Information, there is a field called "Type" - that is the driver the device uses).

1 Like

This sometimes happens when one or more devices are not supported by Google Home integration.

1 Like

Right now I only have three hampton bay ceiling fan controllers and a zigbee smart plug (mostly for the repeater aspect). When I first installed them, I could voice control them. Something froze up and the hub wouldn't control the devices at all. Nothing I tried worked. So I soft reset the hub and started over. Now all the ceiling fans work through the app but I can't get the alexa or google to connect.

The device type is "Hampton Bay Zigbee Fan Controller"

Thanks for your help on this! Really want it to work. I'm in complete Wink withdrawal right now.

In the Hubitat Android app, nothing shows up under devices, but when I go to tools one of the options is connect to hub which basically just browses to the hub ip like I'm a desktop. I can control the devices from there. But there is nothing on the devices screen.

I did a soft reset, thinking it wouldn't change much....it said something about my devices staying connected so I thought they would be there when it came back up. when they weren't there I reset them and re-added as new.

Wait, what devices do you have? The Devices tab of the app is only for switches and bulbs. Do you have those? This Devices tab it a fairly new thing that was meant to be quick access to a limited type of devices.

To get full access to control all devices and see things like sensors, you need to build a dashboard and use that Dashboard tab. Is that what you are trying to do?

The Device tab in the desktop is not the same as the Device tab in the App. (Maybe that needs to be a bugfix) They also aren't meant to be used the same way. The Device tab in the desktop is not meant for control, it is meant for administrative uses like testing devices and changing the name or changing drivers.

Let us know if that helps to clear things up.

The devices tab on the app just spins. There isn't anything there. The android app is essentially useless. Nothing shows up on any screen.. when there was on the first run before the reset the lights showed up. Not the fans but the lights did. The Hampton Bay fan controllers break down into separate lights and fan controls.

The device tab on the desktop looks like it should be for administrative use but for now it's the only way I can control any of the devices.

Right now I'm looking at potentially a hard reset and trying to start all over....I'm pretty savvy but this hubitat may be beyond my capabilities.

Everything was frozen. I did a reset. When I try to link up to google it has the old name of the hub, not the new one. I think there's more cached there than just the name or it should link up no problem. I had originally named the hub LucyWorld, when I reset it I intentionally changed it to LucyHub. When I try to link up to Google or Alexa is comes up as LucyWorld. Why? Where is it cached. What info is stored in that cache, etc etc. Why, when I log in to hubitat on the link screen, wouldn't my new hub name come up? Why doesn't anything show up on the android app? It's clearly jammed up as well.

Like I mentioned earlier. I think a hard factory reset and starting all over may be the way.....but only may. Not sure what difference that would make to what I've already done and it would be nice to know what happened and have a fix. But at the end of the day if the answer is to "unplug and replug" (lol) then so be it. I just don't want to keep doing it and not have it work.

Ok, that is good that it works.

Did you create a dashboard? Did you add devices to the dashboard? Does the local dashboard (desktop) work and have devices on it?

The easiest thing to try if you haven't already is to uninstall the Hubitat app, reboot the phone, and install again. It should ask what hub and what device (phone) this is.

If it does not ask what hub after reinstall, go to the Settings tab in the phone app, find Hub about 4-5 items down in that menu. Click on that line for Hub and it should ask what hub and what phone. In fact you could even try that without uninstalling the app, and see if it is just a matter of you didn't get the app paired after you reset the hub.

That likely won't help. Nothing you have mentioned requires starting again. A couple things probably got into a weird state, but it can be fixed. At the very least, work with @bobbyD and the support team before you start deleting stuff.

Support will probably ask permission to look at engineering logs to try and get this sorted out. I tagged them above so they should be aware of your issues. In the meantime, you can try that stuff with the app I mention above, and see if it helps.

No...never really got that far. Wanted to get the rest of the lights connected first.

When I do this, it says Multiple Hubs found, please select the one you want to connect to: Then has the old hub name grayed out. When I tap on it, a dialog box comes up and says Hub Unavailable - Hub is not responsive, please make sure it is online and connected to the cloud. All I can do it tap ok.

Update: I changed the IP address of the hub and it found it under tools find hub. Then changed the hub name back to the original and everything seemed to work. Then I added the alexa skill and connected successfully and all devices discovered. Everything great. Then.....I try to voice command one of the lights. Alexa responded with couldn't understand message. I then went in and enabled the setting Respond immediately without waiting for device and tried again. This time got the chime as if it worked but now everything is frozen again. Nothing responds anymore from any device. Tapping on a light in the android app causes the icon to blink endlessly. Going to devices in the desktop admin and then click on the on button doesn't change anything in the current states. It's as if the Alexa attempt bricks the hub.

Another update: Disabled the Alexa app and tried Google Home. Everything working great. Just going to scrap using Alexa to control home devices...hopefully that doesn't limit me in the future but I'm guessing nearly everything is cross-compatible (well except my door lock that will require a $70 adapter).

Now the only issue I have left I think is the white screen with a blank dashboard. Could start a new topic I guess.....I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app several times. Cleared cache and storage multiple times. Can't seem to get anything to show up on dashboards. (even tried to download a third party dashboard app and it says "no devices.") I don't get any notifications on the rules I've set up....I'm guessing related to the same issue.

Anyways, should I start a new issue or continue here.

TLDR: Removed Alexa plug-in and gave up/tired of bricking the hub, Google works great, no notifications, blank dashboard.

Ok on Hubitat web interface did you go to apps add built in app))Hubitat dashboard then add a dashboard and expose what you want to be on that dashboard (do not toggle all only what you want on that particular dash)

We are not aware of any issues or known problems linking Alexa service to Hubitat. If you'd like, we can further assist you getting the hub linked with Alexa. Please send me a private message with your hub ID/MAC address along with the email address that your hub is registered with.

Uh. Short version: Solved. Thank you. Long Version: I'm questioning my intelligence right now.

2 Likes

No worries. We all start somewhere. This community is here to help..

2 Likes

Ok, now that I have things starting to work, this thing is really nice. If you're coming out of something so simple as Wink it takes some time to grasp, but I'm starting to see what I've got here. The two are not comparable in any way. This is light years beyond anything Wink could develop based on their platform. In the end, I'm glad Wink finally went down and made me make the jump. Still have a glitch here or there to work out but I'm feeling pretty good about this.

2 Likes

This may help a little

This is great information. I have GE switches that I couldn't, for the life of me, reset. Was able to connect to the hub on my phone, start z-wave exclusion on the hubitat and then immediately hit the toggle on the switch and instantly was excluded....then start the inclusion and do the same thing and we're in business.

4 Likes