Old Aeon Outlet turns on but no log entry and status show off (New developments)

Thanks, that is helpful. Do you have any opinions about using Zigbee instead of Z-Wave. Would it be more immune to these "phantom triggers". How about distance? I think I read somewhere Z-wave is 4 hops maximum and Zigbee is unlimited. I would have to assume unlimited means slower response time, but if Zigbee runs at a higher baud rate anyway, it may be a moot point. Like I said, if I have to make changes, I like to be well educated before I do. My outdoor nodes are several years old and I only have a few. If Zigbee is the wave of the future (pun intended) and it happens to be better suited to longer distances, then maybe that would be a better choice rather than segmenting perhaps? Or would segmenting PLUS Zigbee be a better choice? Thanks for all of the input to everyone so far.

You are asking a 49rs fan if Rams are better....

As for the "wave of the future" you may want to hold off the investment for a few more months until there are more -Z-Wave Long Range devices on the market. The Long Range will offer unparalleled range.

Didn't realize they were coming. Good to learn about. Thanks again. I have much to think about and I definitely have some more testing to do to find out where my "phantom triggers" are coming from.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.