Odd zigbee behavior

This morning while reading the community, I had my logs open on my c5 HE. A system message popped and I assumed it was a version update - when I rolled over it it said 'Zigbee network offline'.
I have never seen it before and was not sure what it means (besides the obvious translation).
I could not get a bulb to go off at my desk. I tried to run zigbee discovery - nothing. Then oddly a lamp at the side of my desk (a few feet from my hub) went on for absolutely no reason.
I couldn't turn it off in the Devices page - then finally it went off.
I started my XTC to look at my Zigbee network and it showed no problems. Heres the log capture from it. If anyone has thoughts I'd like to hear it. (I updated to 9.130 yesterday).

Check your stats/logs for heavy activity - I've had Zigbee get taken out when the resources of the hub were low due to an errant Z-Wave device... Cloud apps / devices can bog things down too..

good thought - but nothing there although ...

Odd that a Hub Info tile has gone runaway. I have my Hub device set for polling every 600 seconds (10mins). I mention that to BPT about an option to set update rate...

@erktrek is right, anytime the hub gets overtaxed, the zigbee is the first to crash. Do you have any peanut plugs or aqara devices(that are not zigbee 3.0)
That hub info tile is chewing up a huge amount of time. Mine is similar and now I'm changing mine to 900 seconds refresh. I've noticed before I ever see stats that tell me their is trouble, I see automation go rogue. As a result I think I'm going to uninstall it or keep crankin up the refresh

in this case it says Tile (ie; Tile Master 2 tile) I reached out to BPTWorld asking for thoughts. I don't think it's the hub itself reporting to often, but the tile refresh rate that might be causing it. I also bumped my poll from 300 default to 600 to see it that slows it down. I'm pretty sure my hub is not taxed as cpu never goes more than 6% and runs cool, db is small. it just looks odd since its busier than even the Echo skill or Thermostat! It has not repeated today since then that I am aware of and no bulbs just 'went on' anywhere.

Off the top of my head, a power cycle, with a full 30 second cooldown before plugging it back in can cure some of the weird radio behaviors. Also, check my PM.

1 Like