Octopus Agile api use with Hubitat

Have finally managed to book in a smart three phase electricity meter for January. Coupled with Octopus Agile, it will be a game changer for heating parts of our house overnight using IR panels, rather than our gas-powered central heating system.

With that in mind, did anyone ever manage to get anything into a state that works and are willing to share the know-how?

I'm using my workaround quite successfully, noted earlier in this thread - using IFTTT to populate the data into google sheets then scraping that information into variables in hubitat. It works just fine, and allows me to do some manipulation of the data before putting it into hubitat - such as calculating the start time of the the cheapest 1 hr / 2hr 3hr windows each day and having that as a variable.

It's far from elegant, took an age to write the rules (48 nested if statements), and the rule breaks when I update my system from 2.3.5 to 2.3.6....but it'll do me until someone here manages to do something better!

1 Like

Ok great, thanks for the assistance with that. I can't sign up for the IFTTT feed until I'm officially on the Agile tariff, which I can only do once the smart meter is installed, I understand the concept though, so just the small matter of trying to get it all working. Will let you know how I get on in 4-6 weeks or so!

Hi @c.j.winter just wondering if the IFTTT integration is still working for you?

Get my smart meter on Tuesday and keen to get some ducks in a row ahead of then. Have been doing some messing around with getting Google Sheets data into RM and now have the broad principles sorted in my mind.

However, I can't sign up for the IFTTT integration until I'm on the Agile tariff and can't get on the Agile tariff until I have the smart meter, so not totally sure what format everything will be in.

A bit of reading around threw up this, should I be worried that actually I'm not going to be able to do anything when the new meter is installed?

https://www.reddit.com/r/OctopusEnergy/comments/18r75zw/ifttt_octopus_applets_dont_work_anymore_anyone

Afternoon, My automation (linking Octopus to google sheets) hasn't run for the past couple of weeks either, I'm afraid. So, my unit rates are not updating in Hubitat. I hadn't noticed until you pointed this out, as I don't really use the automation for much at the moment. sorry!

1 Like