Ocean Tide Graph

Hey Guys. New hubitat owner here. Really enjoy it and the community. This is my first post. I would like to have a tide graph or chart on my dashboard showing the high and low tide times. I see there is at least one web site that has an api for it (Tidespy.com). What device would I need to create and how would I set it up to display on my dashboard?

Many thanks for any help you can give.

you could try creating i iframe driver like this

and put the url in that?

see this

I'm guessing that you would like to display data, rather than a whole web page.

The only thing that I do which comes close to that is a device which displays data from a VLC player. This uses a driver called "VLC thing" which you can hopefully easily find. Most of it is greek to me, but it sends API requests and sets up attributes with the returned data.

So I then create a virtual device using this driver, and use a dashboard tile (with the attribute template) to display the attribute I want.

Seems to me you'd need to find/write/edit a driver to do the api calls, then set up a device using the driver, and then display the device attributes.

Hope this helps - please don't ask me any questions, though, as I'm at the very limit of what I understand!