Nue Branded ZigBee: Curtain Blind Switch & 3 Speed Fan Switch

Thanks for the update Mike, I'll follow this up with Kevin this week.

Thanks Scott - running update now and should be there once complete.

Cheers
Charles

Have you tried porting this ST driver over?

Thanks Adam - looks like it might be the version previously submitted to Mike but not sure (see earlier messages in thread). Very new to Hubitat so just working in with the drivers that are loaded and available. Thanks again mate.

Cheers
Charles

Yeah it is.

If you do want to use your devices instead of waiting all you need to do is

1. Go to drivers code.
  2. Add new driver
  3. Copy and paste the code.
  4. Change the word physicalgrph to hubitat on line 14 and save.

Should take about 15 seconds.

Thanks Adam - seems pretty simple - will give it a shot later. Tagging @scottbaker007 as you've these blinds too Scott.

Cheers,
Charles

Hi Charles and Thanks Adam,

Installing driver as instructed by Adam for will give you some functionality for now. I haven't been able to find a Dashboard Tile that works with this driver.

I spoke to Kevin earlier today and will be emailing him shortly with some info, so I'm hoping he will follow it up.

Just letting you know I spoke to Kevin on Friday, he hasn't had a chance to look into this yet. I'm going to on contact him again this coming Friday to see if he's made any progress. I let you know if I hear anything.

Kevin's been busy moving his shop, I'll keep following him up and let you know when I have any news.

Hi @scottbaker007, @at9 @mike.maxwell any updates with the Dashboard Tile for the blinds ?
I've been trying to use all this Covid-19 free time to set up the whole home system and still stuck on this...
I can open and close when in the menu shown below by clicking the buttons (the close and open commands appear to be opposite to what is written?! Close opens and Open closes)
Also, what values are supposed to be put in the 'Set Level' & 'Set Position" ?

I'd really appreciate any advice or work arounds !!!
Cheers :slight_smile:

I gather you ported the ST driver?
If the commands are inverted I gather the blind is set to rotate the opposite you have it.
You can swap the code around to send the correct command.
Set level should give you an open and close position but will probably incorrect if the blind is rotating the opposite to what you want.

Hi, I feel your pain, it's been frustrating. We need Kevin to get in contact with Hubitat to support this device or help him with a driver that is more usable. I feel he's been preoccupy with moving his business, which is far enough but it's really dragging on now. I'm going to call Kevin at the end of this month for an update. @charlesholdenby Can you please give him a call sometime this week and see what he has to say. Maybe if we tag team, you call him one week I'll call him the next :grinning: Please let me know what he has to say.

@at9 That's right, I added the driver from Kevin's website and changed line 14 like you advised. I'd have no clue how to swap the commands haha ... there is a lot of code and I have no experience on coding syntax ect.
@scottbaker007 I ended up trawling this forum for hours and fount a temporary solution. If you change the device type to a 'Nue Zigbee Dimmer' in the Devices list you can then add the tile on your dashboard and select the dimmer template and it actually works! For me the position slider has no effect but if you click the on/off button the blind actually open and closes!
After I changed the device to a dimmer, I clicked the configure button, then clicked the on / off buttons and it opened and closed the curtain in full.
On the dashboard I just click the button symbol and hey presto.
Give this a try and see if it works for you ?!

It's an easy switch if you look at the Close and open commands you be able to see the the zigbee command sent needs to be 0x00 for close and 0x01 for open. line 125 & 131.

Hi All, I believe that Kevin has provided Mike with the info he requested. @mike.maxwell can you please confirm this and if so does that means that at some point there may be a native driver?

Kevin has contacted me, but has not provided the requested info, he may not be able to as its likely an issue with the firmware.

Thanks for the update Mike, I spoke with Kevin this morning and asked him to get back in contact with you to provided you with the info you need.

Hi Mike, I just spoke to Kevin, he told me he had sent you several email regarding the blind switch but hadn't received a reply. Can you please look into this when you get a chance. Kevin also has several new devices he would like to send to you and wants to confirm where he should be sending them to atm. Can you please provide/confirm these details with him.

I did this already several weeks ago, when I have a chance I'll forward my previous response...

Thank following up Mike :slight_smile: