Notifications for unlocked door

Hey all! I am new to the Hubitat and everything went well with setup and getting my devices connected. I am now trying to fine tune some things and I want to setup a notification when my Yale Assure lock is unlocked. I want it to send to my phone something like "Front door was unlocked by ". I tried configuring the notification as %device% was unlocked by %lockCode% at %time%, but it seems to just return null for the values except for time. I would appreciate any guidance on what might be going on here. Thanks in advance!

Here is a thread talking about a similar interest. You may find it valuable.

Thanks for the quick reply. Unfortunately, it won't let me set %device% as type device and I'm not sure why.

I use Auto Lock by Lewis Hedrick for these notifications. It’s in Hubitat Package Manager (HPM).

Here is my rule.

Not sure what your trying to do .. you don't set device its set automatically when the rule triggers.

Ah, I see. Thanks for that info, I'll set up the rule and see if it works next time I unlock the door.

So I setup my rule like yours, went out for a bit, came back, and sort of got the notification I wanted. I need to fix the variable for name, but it's at least somewhat working now. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

For that use %value%

@kovach14 Use the Autolock app by @lewis.heidrick , available in HPM to see if the door is left unlocked, but for notification this rule should suit you