Notifications App stopped working

I had a couple of Notifications / Notifiers working and they appear to have stopped. But, I am unable to tell exactly when they stopped working.

Specifically, I have placed a Motion detector in a remote house and tested it last when I was there. This Notifier was suppose to Notify my Cell when motion was detected. But, no one has been in that house for a few weeks and when someone recently entered, I did not receive anything.
It had initially worked when I set it up and I was in town.

Has anything recently changed (like over the past 4 weeks) where Notifications might have updated/changed to stop something that once worked. Any idea why it might have stopped?

To verify the problem I installed Notifications and a test Notifier here in my Primary residence. That does not work either.

So, trying to do a little research before posting I searched and searched. Not finding anything specific to my situation.

I did come across a Document that describes the setup of Twilio. But the first line in the document says "Establish your Twilio account. Going out to Twilio.com, their products are multiple and it seems all are a paid product. AND, that is OK, I just want to know which Product I would use with Hubitat to SMS/Notify my Cell phone.

Can anyone shed some light on the process and how this Twilio works?

I also came across a posting that talks about using RM for this purpose. But, what would I select in the "Action to take" area of the rule to SMS or Notify? .....I'm soooo Confused.... Just trying to be funny,

Hoping to hear from someone, Thanks in advance

Bill

It sounds as though your mobile app is not working for notifications. Open your mobile app device from the devices page, and send yourself a notification from there. See if that works or not.

If not, open your mobile app, and then open Settings. Click on Select Hub. Select your hub. Are you running a second hub at the remote house? If so, it could be simply that your mobile app is talking to your main hub and not that one.

Great idea's. Let me give it a try. Thanks Bruce. REALLY MISS your Your Tube shows. When is the next one?

4 Likes

Soon. We've been super busy the past few weeks...

6 Likes

[bravenel]/Bruce; THANK YOU, Thank You, thank you.
I found my problem. In my case I uninstalled the mobile Hubitat app on my Android cell and installed the Hubitat Mobile Beta version.

Suddenly, the local (Primary House) test Notifier I made started to work!

I really hate to make assumptions, but I am assuming if I switch the mobile app from my Primary house to my Remote house then it should notify me of Motion by the back door at my remote house.

I FULLY understand I might be asking for too much at this point and apologize if I am over stepping my bounds, but it there a way to monitor both locations using the mobile app or is this an either or kind of scenario?
Can 2 copies of the Hubitat App be install on the same phone, 1 monitoring Primary House, the 2nd monitoring the remote house?

Thanks again,
Bill

No, as it works now, only a single hub can send notifications to the mobile app. You could use something like Pushover on your remote home, and get notifications on your phone that way. We will eventually allow multiple hubs directly in the mobile app, just not now.

1 Like

Or use hubconnect to share the mobile device to send a notification.

But I agree pushover is easier if hubconnect is not presently being used.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.