Notifications app alert issues with Smartthings moisture sensor

Hi there. I have a Smartthings moisture sensor under my kitchen sink. Notification app is setup to alert us via Hubitat app and Alexa announcements. Alerts are set for every 5 minutes until it's dry.

Today, my wife was cleaning under the sink and got the sensor wet, which triggered the alerts. Unfortunately, the app and Alexa alerts kept coming after it was dry. I did have alert reps set to 200, but I changed it to 2 just now to avoid the issue continuing.

Not sure what's going on but included the setup and logs.

Thanks!
KC!

sensor logs|662x124

If I remember right, don't you have to acknowledge the alarm to reset it? I had to do that when testing my water leak sensor. I have buttons set up in my house (a common light switch on both floors) that are able to acknowledge the alarm by turning the switches on manually. Also the same with smoke detectors.

1 Like

Hi April. What does acknowledge the alarm mean? Not sure I understand that. Thanks!

If it's triggered, then you have to go into the app and there will be something there to reset the trigger. It's only really there if it's triggered so I dont have a way to show you.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.