Notice about 2.0.9 being released?!

Anyone else just get a notice/email about 2.0.9 being released?

2 Likes

You must have been "Tracking" or "Watching" the topic. All release note topics/threads are being moved to the "Release Notes" category, which pre-dates a few of the earlier releases. For better or worse, Discourse (the forum software) generates notifications for most/all moderator actions on topics you've set to one of these notification levels.

If that's a screenshot of an e-mail, then you must also have that option turned on your user preferences.

5 Likes

Yep, I just got it too. An email and forum notification and it is dated April 29, 2019. That is slower than USPS. :grinning:

6 Likes

My bad. Sorry about that. I was trying to consolidate old misplaced release notes into the Release Notes category. I am not going to move any more posts, unless I find a way not to generate notifications. Thanks for your feedback.

10 Likes

Why? It is bringing back some memories. Also - reminds me how far the platform has advanced in 3.5 years!

7 Likes

I don't think folks subscribed to the Release Notes category would appreciate getting notifications of updates released backwards to verry first version 1.0.9 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

this

2 Likes

I could schedule to move one post each Thursday, so that it really feels like Throwback Thursday...

13 Likes

can you just remove everyone from the watch list?

3 Likes

If that's possible it would be good for when the threads get locked too.

If that were possible, I think he would’ve done that.

2 Likes

I think most people subscribe to a category, like Release Notes. If you remove them, then nobody gets notified when there is a new release. Also, I don't think it is possible to (nor would Bobby want to) start messing with hundreds if not thousands of forum accounts to do this.

1 Like

agreed. but if it's just unsubbing people from a specific thread that's being archived, seems reasonable.

Unfortunately, not possible.

1 Like

bummer. Maybe a feature request to the forum dev (don't send notifications for this action).

1 Like

Looks like there are feature requests as far back as 2015 for that kind of thing, :smiley: (Good luck to us?)

(That being said, I'm not sure if any of the newer options mentioned towards the end of that post might be something an admin could do that would affect this particular situation...)

5 Likes

NICE find!

1 Like

Did anyone get new notifications after moving the old release notes in the correct category (just now)?

1 Like

I got zilch. So good zilch moment. :slight_smile:

2 Likes