Notes section in a device

@patrick I would love to see a Notes section within each device. A great place to save simple things like pairing information. Hold button two for 3 seconds etc.

5 Likes

On the device page? You could also put things like the battery model required . . .

5 Likes

This is part of the reason why I maintain a device database outside of HE.

1 Like

And when you last changed those batteries and lots of tiny really necessary pieces of information.

1 Like

I grab the pdf manuals for every tech device I get and store them online too. Some information close at hand right where it is used would be helpful too.

1 Like

I grab the pdf's, links, battery type and put them in a OneNote workbook. Everything synced on the cloud.

1 Like

Love, Onenote

HEY I would like to add a vote to this as a feature request. Not sure if @bravenel is the right person to ask but....

Working on implement a xiaomi Button.. would be great to put into the device page a note of what each press combination equates to as HE sees it.. .ie.. 1 - button 1, 2X - button 2. (I know seems straight forward - but not the same as ST buttons and others.)

Then when programming rules I have a quick reference. Like others mentioned you could add other related info - battery , date of install, observations.

Thanks

We're not sure this is a good idea. We see the utility of it, but it's not a good plan to load up drivers with extra data that really has nothing to do with communicating with the actual device.

Although I was the one that proposed it, I do see the downsides. I proposed it early in my HE career and have come to appreciate svelte is better.

1 Like

Makes Sense. What if you limited the characters to like 250, thus keeping it to simple notations?...just a thought.

1 Like