NorthQ Power Meter driver

Hi all

Would love to get my North Q power meter working with hubitat. It is a logging power meter with an optical eye to read the LED flashes from a power meter.

I am not able to find any drivers.

I am not a coder, I got the basic understanding, but must admit the job of creating a driver for hubitat probably will defeat those skills :wink:

I am not able to include links, but google NothQ NQ-9021 manual to see the documentation.

How impossible :blush: will it be to make a driver for hubitat?

Regards Tommy Fer / Denmark

Well, there is a working Groovy driver for SmartThings that should be a rather straightforward port to Hubitat:

Here is a direct link to the code:

1 Like

A newer modified version with tiles removed

Here's a link to the driver on my Github

2 Likes

I believe that the tiles section needs to be deleted also.

Maybe but I'd like to have him try it first before I go ripping apart the driver. For me it's a lot easier to remove stuff than to add to it.

I use this post as a guide but the least effort attempt before going and tweaking everything...

Should be good with that second one. I don't see anything else out of the ordinary going on in the driver.

1 Like

Tommy, let us know how it goes. And welcome to the Hubitat community!

1 Like

@tommy1, any luck in getting this working? I've got my eye on one of these devices, and was wondering if I'm likely to have any joy with it.....

I pasted the line numbers on the previous version with the tiles removed. The current post on my Github should work though.

thanks @lewis.heidrick, i'll take a look and see how I get on.

I've actually bought a NorthQ gas meter rather, not a power meter. However I'd seen in the Smartthings forum that someone had relatively easily adapted the driver for the power meter to the gas meter - they are essentially the same device from what i can see. So I'm hoping to start with a working power meter driver and go from there.....

Yea, should be pretty easy.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.