Nortec HUSBZB USB Stick Windows Drivers

You can get software and firmware from aeotec as well. It's on their support part of the website, but they are the only other company that do it, that I know of.

For those having issues with Windows 10, I was able to finally get mine working. I had found another post on installing Axail server and grabbing the HubZ drivers from there. (Z-wave Switches Failing) I had to install using the "Unsigned driver" procedure. Not sure if HE uses different sticks, but the drivers listed here did not work.
It would really be nice if Hubitat posted a link to the right drivers for the stick on their web site. I lost about 6 hours trying to get it working. Once I was able to connect and update the Levitons, all was great. I have set up all the rest of my devices and love the product. Glad I didn't give up on it. Love the rules engine, saves me from Stringify!

1 Like

If you unplug the Z-Wave/Zigbee stick from Hubitat and into a PC, do something like this and then back to Hubitat does it loose it's config that it had with Hubitat?

No, only using other software for node management could change the data of z wave, I don't see anything for zigbee yet.

I'm on the fence of how much loosing all of that config is worth to me. Probably not worth it.

If you plug the USB Stick into another machine, the results depend on the Tools used. For the pair of tools discussed often on this forum, Zensys Tools (Windows) and OZWCP (Linux/rPi), first, they are ZWave tools, They can have no effect on the Zigbee side. Second, there's a menu system. YES there are buttons/commands that will "clear" the ZWave db of the stick. Don't click that button :smiley:

But just moving the stick over, taking a look around and putting it back will do NOTHING to Hubitat.

How about setting up z-wave/zigbee on Home Assistant to take a look at life over there? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:
I've mostly put that on hold for the time being, yes I can run my own hardware, but at what cost...

I believe HA uses OZWCP and thus my question is.. why have a middle man? :smiley: Also... I don't know as I'd trust the Middle Man to not tamper with the Stick. Really, the last thing you'd want to see when you fire up HA is something to the effect of: "Unknown devices, initializing ZWave stick"

Maybe that was the first thing that they got working and called it a day?
If it doesn't crash running a heavy add-on it seems worth it.
But the overall complexity doesn't make it worth it yet.
They're making big strides lately.

If you want to experiment, then I'd get an Aeon ZStick and "clone" the DB. Then play with that on HA to your heart's content.

"clone" means running OZWCP or Zensys Tools and doing a Receive Configuration. The new stick becomes a secondary controller. HA could than turn devices on and off but probably wouldn't get status. (Clearly anything HA initiates, it would know the status, but sensors with random reports, would only send that status to the primary. Physical changes, especially dimmers, would not send events to a secondary.)

Be aware though that a secondary is stupid on one hand (no status) but powerful on the other. Have it Exclude a device and it will.. by telling the Primary what it's doing. You'll lose the device on Hubitat too.

There is a way to clone the z wave completely including the coordinator as a primary, I'm looking for the zigbee part of the stick, having a backup of both radios of the stick is not bad anyway.

I don't think the Zigbee side is as complex. There's nothing to "store on board" like there is with ZWave. All Node Addressing is factory fixed, so it will always be the same. You've seen that already by virtue of factory resetting a Zigbee device only to have it come back onto Hubitat in the same place, all automations intact.

I'm not a Zigbee guy but I've never bumbled into anything saying there's a "tool" for Zigbee sticks. XBee universe probably has the best chance of optioning Zigbee USB stick values.

New poster here. I'm trying to set up Z-Flash to update some Leviton switches, and bought a Nortek HUSBZB-1 adapter to use - having read that it was compatible.

I've installed the drivers mentioned in this thread, the CP210x USB to UART Bridge. These devices now show in Device Manager as "This device is working properly." but the blue LED on the adapter isn't staying lit (not sure if that's an issue). More importantly Z-Flash doesn't appear to find the device.

Any ideas?

If the light isn't staying lit then there is a problem with the drivers. Did you check both radios got the driver? Zigbee and Z-wave?

I applied the driver update to both - now have COM3 & COM4 showing up as ports, but the light doesn't stay on, and if I try to start Z-Flash and point it to either of those ports, it crashes trying to initialize.

Could you open the device manager show the devices and take a screenshot?

For some reason it won't let me post images here.

Is there a secret I'm not aware of? The post editor appears to want to let me include images, but when I try to post it, I am told I can't post images.

Seems odd.

@jjapublic It looks like your account is very new (<4hrs) and doesn't have any [Discourse] Badges yet. That probably sets you at Trust-Level 0 in this:

This will place restrictions on what you can do until you reach the next level.

Assuming the levels haven't been tweaked, you can use the doc above to get a sense of what you can do at TL-0 and how to get to the next level (to post images)

That was my bet. So until then, what I can say is that before I install drivers, Two devices show in the device manager under "Other" listed as HubZ Zigbee Com Port and HubZ Z-Wave Com Port.

After they move to "Ports" As Silcon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM3) and Silcon Labs CP210x USB to UART Bridge (COM4)

Don't know if that helps