Nodon button remote & zwave mesh

It's listed as a support product . . . using the Generic Z-Wave Button Controller:

krlaframboise -- I've only ever gotten anything in the logs when I was near the hub. Then button presses show up. It's not paired right now so I can't test anything at the moment. Is there something more detailed than the live log?

Eric -- I know the HE shows it as supported. I don't think Nodon shows HE as supported, and they are the ones I'd have to deal with if I think the remote itself is broken.

Yes, I was following your point and it's a good one. I was just commenting because to make it onto the Hubitat list, I think somebody took a look at it and did some testing . . . thinking that means (to me) it "should" "work".

I believe he's saying it works perfectly while hub and button are 8 ft apart or less.

I also believe he's saying it doesn't work when the button is where it belongs and waiting for the mesh to repair doesn't help.

My interpretation can be wrong, of course :smiley:

That's my read as well.

This is where it would be really nice to have one of those tools that exposes the Z-Wave routing.

me too... :smiley:

One really crude option OZWCP has is a printout of the device node map.... what can see what.

I have run into the problem before of the battery in the unit was very low because it might have set on a shelf for a while. Also trying to include so many times may have depleted if it was low to begin with. Maybe a new battery.

csteele, Eric -- yes, that was my situation. Worked fine near the hub. But then I removed it from the network (hoping to pair it through the mesh and that it would therefore know its neighbors). Now I'm stuck and not pairing again, even when near the hub. From what I've read here, other folks had problems getting this thing to pair also.

As far as the network, yes, I'd love to see a dump of network activity. Homeseer even had a page listing the neighbors of each node, and let you set them. BTW (somewhat off topic), do either of you know what "inClusters" in the device descriptions means? I wish I could find more documentation on this kind of stuff...

razorwing -- thanks for the suggestion, but the unit has a "battery check" that reports it is fine. Maybe I'll try that anyway though...

Open Zwave -- never played with it. But my Hubitat doesn't have the external Zwave USB stick, I have a newer one where the Zwave is built in. I expect some of this will get done eventually, and I appreciate that it can be a lot of work.

I believe Homeseer incorporated OZWCP into their product. I think what you were seeing IS OZWCP

So, now I've had two "successes" pairing it (when near the hub). But I don't get any button presses at all. Each time I press a button, the log reads "[debug] WakeUpNotification". So SOMETHING is getting to the hub, but I'm not getting "button 1" or "button 2" press information. At least I was getting that before. Perhaps I should not have updated my hub this morning.

Nothing in any of the recent updates had anything to do with zwave or the driver for this device.

I don't think he's had much success with this device regardless of platform revision levels. It apparently did pair at least once when close to the hub so it sounded like a mesh issue . . .

Well, now it DOES seem to be "working" from my garage. When I press buttons in there, I get the "wakeup" notifications. And I can change the LED behavior in the device preferences, and when it wakes up I get a bunch of configuration messages, and the LED behavior does change. But when I press the buttons, I only get "wakeup" notifications, no button press info like I had previously. So close...

Any suggestions of things I could try?

I have that device and a z-wave sniffer so I can do some testing.

Please post the clusters, product, etc. from the data section so I can make sure it's the same device as mine.

That sounds great, thanks. In the data section it says:

deviceType: 2
inClusters: 0x5E 0x85 0x59 0x80 0x5B 0x70 0x5A 0x72 0x73 0x86 0x84
outClusters: 0x5E 0x5B 0x2B 0x27 0x22 0x20 0x26 0x84
deviceid: 2
manufacturer: 357

Thanks.

Good, that's the same model I have, but it might take me a couple of days to get to it.

Progress!

I used the "Super basic Z-wave parameter tool" and after some messing with it determined, as I'd suspected, that the device parameters had gotten messed up. Parameters 1 and 2 were both set to 1 (which actives special button modes). When I reset them to 0, button presses show up! It is currently being a bit inconsistent from the garage, but I hope that time and a zwave repair or two will fix that, as it was reasonably reliable last night from there. I'll come back and mark this "solved" in a couple of days if all goes well.

Thanks for the support and encouragement!

Excellent!