Node-Red Palette: Common Choices

That's a pretty simple tweak - to confirm:

1. Literally the word "stop".
  2. Do you want it to be 00:00:00 and then after that, one more update to indicate "stop"?

Those are the questions that come to mind right away. Outside of that, unless that is urgent, I'll give it a few days for any other suggestions/comments/issues to pop-up.

Yes, Stop or Stopped. When it runs down, keep it at 00:00:00. But when a payload stop hits, change to "stopped".

No hurry at all...

Should be rolling out to the pallette anytime now.

Works perfectly! Thanks

Here's a new one to me - the dynamic dimming node. Looks like it was just added a month ago to Node-RED. This makes dimming easier than using the easing node. It also responds to pause and reset commands, which the easing node does not.

4 Likes

Using this Topic as a guide, I created a Hubitat specific RaspberryPi image that boots with both Node-Red and Homebridge running. The Node-Red instance has a dozen preinstalled Palettes to ease the burden of new users.

A lot of the Node-Red examples found in this community will import a lot less dauntingly with many common palettes pre-installed. Obviously, over time, everything will become dated and a lot of "click update" advise will become normal.

5 Likes

Good one!

I'm sure that everyone will be using at least a pi3 so this is generally a non issue but I assume that the image won't work for older pi's and zeros due to lack of current nodejs support for the older arm processors. Just a note of caution if anyone is thinking of pressing one of these devices into service (I know I'm always thinking of what to do with old stuff)

I found a neat thing about your timer :slight_smile:

If I set it to 24 hours, I get a 00: countdown.

3 Likes

I already have the Homebridge image running on a Pi4 and am running Node-Red on a Mac. I looked at your "How the image was built" and it would seem that all I need to do is install Node-Red and the palettes. The question is, to install Node-Red, do I just execute this command by going to the "Terminal" menu command from the Homebridge UI?

bash <(curl -sL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/node-red/linux-installers/master/deb/update-nodejs-and-nodered)

It's correct for a Raspberry Pi, yes.

1 Like

I can definitely take a look at that.

for me it is a don't care, but someone will complain!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Oops. Guess I should have suggested dd:hh:mm:as .... Lol

1 Like

Is the preference dd:hh:mm:ss or just keep it at hh:mm:ss, but let hh be greater than 23 (ie: if you set 48 hours, it would be 48:00:00)

I would keep the hh:mm:ss. My 24 hour timers are only to see if a battery device hasn't communicated in a day to inform me.

@putch
Ditto. hh:mm:ss with hours able to go >24.

Done. 0.32 should be available on the pallette. Only change is the HH fix.

2 Likes

I use a similar one called lullaby. Not sure if the dynamic dimmer handles up and down or just down, so this one may be different. You set your start level, end level, time to dim and steps. Also responds to a kill command.

I was wanting to build a groclock type automation for my kids room, where the light would dim over time as they fall asleep, and a gentle wake-up one for my room. This handles both.

https://flows.nodered.org/node/node-red-contrib-afya-lullaby

It only goes in one direction (don't remember which), but can be coupled with a range node to go in the other direction ....

The lullaby node sounds even easier though!

What do people use as a "mode switch"? I thought I saw something that use a combined unit rather then a node and a switch separate.

Turning a light on - If mode X make light 50%, mode y 100%