Node-Red on Synology/QNAP NAS

Thanks for posting this. I've moved my NR off the Synology. I was too complicated (for me) to update it, so I move it to a headless mac mini. I'll edit my OP to include your update for those that run on a Synology docker.

The Docker way of updating is to delete the container and create a new one with the updated image. As long as the container's data is stored outside of the container, you won't lose any configuration or data.

It's really easy using Synology's Docker UI. Go to the Registry section, search for "node-red" (or whatever image you want to update) , click the Download button and select what image you want (generally you would select "Latest"). It shouldn't take long, but you'll get a notification in the NAS UI when the download is complete.

Then go to the Container section, highlight the container, click Action -> Stop, Action -> Clear, then click Action -> Start.

That's it, you're updated. I haven't had to do this with node-red yet, but I do it with pihole and it's a piece of cake.

I like running stuff like this on the NAS because it's always up, it's reliable and I rarely have to tinker with it.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.