Node-RED nodes for hubitat

Hey, I use two “toggles” per button. “Pressed” toggle fan, “held” toggle lights. Would you use two separate flows?

If you want them to do different actions, yes. It also depends on whether you have set up the buttons as pressed, or pressed and held (all). Most likely just pressed. So answer is yes again - separate flows.

Thank you

Here is my front doorbell. I cant control if the person presses or holds, so I did both, and send them down the same flow.

Thx, is there a way to copy and paste a whole flow?

Yep, select the whole flow with mouse, and control-c, then control-v. Or whatever the mac equivalent is.

1 Like

I use iPad. Doubt I can do it

Ouch. That makes Node Red hard work. I rarely use Node Red on my phone/tablet.

1 Like

What’s your favorite time pallet? I’m trying to make a automation stop at 9pm. When I open my door in the middle of the night, I don’t want my contact sensor to light to fire

The first orange colored node (within time) is what I use. It's really powerful, when you set it up correctly. Has offsets, moon time, sunrise, sunset, and even just the normal time based stuff.

The top outlet is if it's within that time, the bottom outlet if it's outside. So, set the start time you want the light to be allowed to turn on, and also the time you want it to stop turning on, and link it to the top outlet.

I use time range switch

1 Like

Thank you

Thank you ...

Pretty sure that is the one I use too, though I'm not in front of the computer to verify.

Good point, and I did notice there was no 'type'.

Different color status icon for websocket is a good idea.

1 Like

I'm hoping for a bit of help please with JSONata.

I'm attempting to implement what I discussed yesterday - watching presence on devices like Tasmota and Xiaomi. I dont need to watch presence for phones as they are designed to leave.

I've got all the data flowing through to a switch node. I just need the JSONata expression to filter out a select few hubitat device Id's from msg.payload.deviceId

I tried with and without quotation marks. Node Red says that it's a string.

Mate do you have Unifi at all? If so you can use the Unifi node to make presence for anything connected and send it over MQTT. That's what I do anyways for anything wifi it works great. Xiaomi is easy too thanks to the new drivers which have presence built in so I just monitor that value in NodeRed and if it changes ping me on pushover.

Yes, I have Unifi, but I'm trying to filter out the unifi devices, because I monitor them via other means on my dashboard. I just want a table showing these Xiaomi/Tasmota devices if they have gone "not present".

1 Like

Sure no worries. I do both of these things already but if you find an even better way that would be great. I'll monitor closely :slight_smile:

Did you try maybe reformatting the query and using the "in" operator?

Change from an "==" comparator in the switch to "jsonata exp" and then do the comparison with an "in"..

edit: even better if you put your array in a global var you could do a jsonata expression like this:

payload in $globalContext('test')

1 Like