No ZWave Radio devices

Hey everyone, hopefully I can get someone from Support (@support / @bobbyD ) to assist me.
Something crazy happened to my c7 hub today and I'm not really sure what caused it. I have no zwave radio devices in the table. I cannot include / exclude devices. I am running 2.3.2.123, so up to date.

Ok, here's the long story. I am working on migrating all of my zwave devices from my c5 hub to my c7 hub. My c5 will house all of my zigbee devices. I was cleaning up some apps and installed Room Lighting and everything was working fine. I went to exclude some Inovelli bulbs before I added them to my c7 and nothing. All of a sudden (I'm sure I did something, but not sure what), nothing was working. None of my zwave devices were responding. I performed a reboot and still nothing. I tried performing a bunch of restores and nothing worked.
I went and restored a backup and overwrote the zwave radio and my devices started to work again, but there is nothing in the radio table. I also cannot include / exclude. I'm at a loss here, so hoping for a little guidance to get back on track.
Not sure if it matters or not, but I have approx 60 zwave devices.
Any help is appreciated.

I am surprised devices started working. Have you power cycled the hub by shutting it down from Settings, then when the LED turns red unplug it for 30 seconds (from the wall outlet)? It sounds like a collapsed radio, likely caused by some issues during inclusion of the bulbs, which are known to cause problems with C7.

2 Likes

When "nothing works" but you can access the hub, first thing, don't panic. Secondly, try a reboot. Then a power cycle. Don't jump on restoring local or cloud backups, as that can cause more harm than good.

4 Likes

Shut down hub from settings menu. Unplug from the wall (not the hub) for 5 minutes and power back up. See how it is...

3 Likes

Shutting down now. I'll power down for 5-10 min and report back.

2 Likes

Thanks Bobby. I tried the reboot first, but then panicked :rofl:
Hopefully the restore didn't cause more problems than helping....

3 Likes

man, you guys!!!!!!
@bobbyD / @rlithgow1 ......you guys are great. Thanks for the fast response. The shut down / unplug worked like a charm. I have devices back in my zwave table. I was able to exclude and include a device.
You guys are life savers!!

4 Likes

What you did clears the z-wave radio. Sometimes after an update or a hub overload the z-wave radio goes weird (even though nothing touches it) the power cycle like that fixes it.

1 Like

Keep an eye on the hub. This could be an isolated incident, or you can have some bad players in your mesh that could bring the radio to its knees, again. Having this issue happening repeatedly can result in a corrupted Z-Wave database, and if that happens, a simple power cycle will no longer be able to resolve the problem.

3 Likes