No response / constant blue light

Corruption can happen for a few reasons but the most usual reason is from a power interruption without properly shutting down. Be it from unplugging to simply a power flux in your house (like a brown out). for giggles I would also make sure you are updated to the latest platform (2.3.9.150). Then shut down from the settings menu, then un plug power for 1 minute. (this clears the radio) then power back up. Once backup, go back to settings and then reboot and pick rebuild database on reboot. This will ensure everything is crisp and clean...

1 Like

Why? Mine reboots when there is an update, or an issue, thats it.

4 Likes

I will follow the instructions for a crisp install however my HUB, router, and modem are on a their own UPS with an 8 hour runtime so I donā€™t think it was a power issuešŸ‘šŸ»

Is your scheduled nightly backup time deconflicted with your reboot time?

A nightly reboot should not be necessary. Like Jeff, I only ever reboot for an update or if I'm doing some manual troubleshooting etc.

Because I use Apple Homekit for GEO referencing, because it works better with iPhone and a nightly reboot of the hub and HomeKit keeps everything running error free!

once a day seems a little extreme .. weekly may work better.

Did you have a power interruption last night that would've caused your UPS to kick in?

I doubt it since I have been running this way on a C7 and now C8 ever since HomeKit availability started, and this is the first time Iā€™ve ever had a blue LED. And I only backup every five days locally 0601 EST and weekly to Hub Protect cloud unless I make changes or update the version.

Just checked the logs no power interruptions on the UPS I also checked the HUB logs and nothing there. I have a rule to periodically ping a fixed device for power outages, This way when the lights turn on after a power outage the rule will turn them off.

For me nothig worked. I know the IP of my hubitat. But I can't even see it connected to my router. So, i can't acces it via it's IP. I pushed the reset Button on the device. I turned it off leaving it over night,... nothing worked.

Make sure the hub is directly connected to your router as is your pc/laptop. Press the network reset button on the bottom of the hub for 7 seconds (It has to be for 7 or more seconds, I know you said you pressed it but want to make sure that it was for the proper amount of time) using a paperclip or toothpick. wait 2 mins. Download angry ip scanner (it's free) and scan the local network.

If you find the MAC of your hub in the list, not it's ip addr.

go to whateverthatipaddris:8081 and see if the diag tool comes up for you.

Thank you, I puushed up to 20 sec. But i'll the ip scanner.

1 Like

be sure to plug both the hub and your pc into the router.

Hi, I finally found some time and motivation to go through that. Good news: I found the IP with the tool. Could open the setup page with the IP:8081. there it told me that a database is corrupted. I mad a backup and a soft reset.m as asked. But then - when the Hubitat wants to turn on - its stopes at 60%. The help tells me that it could be because there is no internet connection and the Hubitat canā€™t download something it needs. ā€¦ well, the help doesnā€™t tell me how I can fix that. - the router clearly has internet connection. As I can go online with all my gadgets.

60% at what step? It should tell you where its at.
I only one I know of it getting stuck at 15% initializing database.

What if your hub platform version? (should be listed on the diag tool).

1 Like

lol, tried it again to answer you question. Now itā€™s stopping at 85% checking hub version
V: 2.3.7.146

In the diag tool, download all your backups to a safe place in case things go sideways.
Do you have hub protect with cloud backups?

You could be having the issue with the runaway z-wave log, usually it would get stuck at 15% though. If that is the issue, have to be careful not to make it worse.

Lets try to update the hub platform. From the diag tool, use the download latest button to download. Then use the "Restore Previous..." button to install it (can also be used to update). Latest version should be 2.3.9.xxx

If that lets you boot, you can then try to restore your backups.

2 Likes

I think the thing is doomed. What a waste of money.
I already tried to download the latest version but itā€™s ending in an error. I tried switching to the previous version. - it actually was at 8. Something. Where it stoped booting at 60% ā€œinitialising unhp.ā€
With 7. Something it stoped at 85% as written before.
Now rebooting seems to never end.

I donā€™t have hub protect. The thing never did what I actually wanted it to do. (Merge all (or at least most of) my smart devices onto one hub) I could use it for my look and one thermostat quite well. But thatā€™s it. So whatever subscription Hubitat offered wasnā€™t interesting as I could use it as intendedā€¦ a now it seem to be game over anyway.

The end goal is to either get the main UI to boot, or to get to 2.3.8.140 or higher which should fix the issue.

So you used the advanced menu to go back to 2.3.7.146 it sounds like? Rolling back to that coupled with a soft reset is the best chance to get the UI to load. DO NOT load a backup if you get to that point.

If you get the main UI to load (even just the screen saying to load a backup) run this endpoint to turn off the z-wave debugging:

@bobbyD is there any other options besides the full reset?

If you end up needing a FULL RESET from the advanced menu in the diag tool, this will also reset both radios so all z-wave and zigbee devices will need to be paired again.

If you had Z-wave devices paired before and you want to restore the hub database backup (for any configured automations and apps), you will need special instructions to avoid pairing conflicts with Z-wave devices.

It doesn't need connected. But I would follow @jtp10181 's advice and disable the z-wave. Then update. How new is the hub? It could be a case of warranty replacement. You can check by submitting a ticket by going to support.hubitat.com and clicking warranty at the bottom.