[No Longer Maintained] Sensor Groups+

Thanks, no rush, not something that will happen often.

+1 from me for the delay @mjarends requested and your proposed solution. A delay after the first door opening for me would also work (where the threshold is 1 sensor). I want to turn off my dehumidifier in the garage if the doors are open, but don't want to turn it off if I just go in and out to get something, so want a 10 minute delay before showing the doors as open.

1 Like

Could I also request that a group of contact sensors also include an the On/Off switch state variable (attribute)? I.e. On when open, off when closed. Would be nice to be able to use the device in other apps where a switch is needed.

2 Likes

Version 1.8.3 Released

Mainly just an update to the Contact Sensors child app. This update includes:

• a UI overhaul for the app page
  • removed the logic that appended "_device" to the child device name (will now match the app name)
  • added delay options for marking the child device active/inactive
  • added the switch attribute to follow the active/inactive attribute

@mjarends @sburke781

7 Likes

I could do with Acceleration attribute being counted as motion then I can add my SmartThings motion sensors to a motion sensor group

1 Like

I can add it, but I'll have to either add a secondary device selector or just list all devices. The device selector lists can only be populated based on either one attribute or all attributes.

Version 1.9.2 Released

• UI updates across all apps.
  • Added configurable delay to the motion app.
  • Removed enforcement of the child device name. The device will be created with the same name as the app, but can be changed afterwards if desired.
3 Likes

Thanks for looking at the delayed activation. I found a small issue though. I only set the delay for activation, with no delay for de-activation in a group of contact sensors. If I open one of the contact sensors the only change is in the list, which is good, and the contact and switch attributes change after the configured delay, as expected. But if I close the contact before the delay ends, the contact and switch values still get set to open and on after the original delay completes. You need to be able to cancel the delayed action I expect.

1 Like

Version 1.9.3 Released

• Fixed delay scheduling.
  • Added accel sensors to the motion app.

@Inge_Jones

2 Likes

Thanks for the acceleration feature! :smiley:

1 Like

On list gone crazy OTL

I think something is wrong with unicode decoding or encoding..(I'm using korean)

Umm....yep. I'll take a look when I get a few.

Just to confirm...are these the device names?

ν™”μž₯μ‹€κ±°μ‹€μŠ€μœ„μΉ˜2
ν™”μž₯μ‹€κ±°μ‹€μŠ€μœ„μΉ˜3

Yes. That's correct

If you change line 131 in the app code to this (just adding two slashes to comment out the line), it will correct the naming for you until I can get a permanent fix figured out:

//onList = groovy.json.JsonOutput.toJson(onList)

Thank you very much for your quick response. Fixed by commenting out line 131. But other groups in the same switch sensor group were not fixed. Driver is also the same omniSensors, why is one fixed and the other not fixed?

Each group will need an update before the listing will show correctly. So, if you just toggle a switch in each, then it will update. You can also click back through the app instance and it should update.

1 Like

It works! Thanks alot!!

1 Like

One suggestion I would like to make is for the "OpenListTable" state.

Currently the state uses table to layout the data, while effective, it does restrict some of the customizable options via CSS. There generally are more steps involved in tweaking table output with CSS.

I wonder if it is possible to change it to using < ul> tag to build that list? There are no shortage of methods to style UL, and it is also a more concise tag schema-wise

Another suggestion is maybe we can remove the header for the openListTable state? That would allow for easier customization in templates.

I didn't even know about the UL tag to even consider it. HTML is definitely foreign to me. Using it though, does appear to be cleaner and a little easier to code. Looks like the default Hubitat dashboard does automatically center the text in the tile, which was what got me going the table route in the first place. Only problem I found is that the Android dashboard app doesn't handle it at all, so I've reached out to that dev.

Here's the list using UL in the contact and power apps. The only thing I'm defining is to not use an actual bullet:

"<ul style='list-style-type: none'>"

I will add...the table attribute was an inadvertent push on my part. I was pushing a different change and had forgotten about that bit of code :smiley: .

Version 2.0.1 Released

Any app that contains a list of "active" devices now has a "displayList" attribute for dashboard tiles

• This also fixes the issue with unicode conversion. @Clifton
Added more color and minor text tweaks to the app pages.
  • Fixed the delays for motion/contact so that the device will update based on the first event that breaches the threshold instead of the last.
6 Likes

Can you add lock as a group?