[NO LONGER MAINTAINED] MY GOD - Anyone attempted an LG ThinQ integration?

Just once? Or over and over? If just once, does anything appear in the logs if you turn the stove on/off?

Not a trainwreck, that's the info that describes how to read the data from the devices. Working on grabbing state from the dishwasher now!

If you grab the latest app and driver for a dishwasher, hopefully some data shows up. Again, still not able to test so hard to know till someone tries it

@rjterry21 just curious, is your oven the one that has two zones (upper/lower doors)?

Over and over and over and over.... every 15 seconds.

Oven has cooktop (gas) and single elec oven (reports as upper)

Ok thanks, was just curious because that model json referred to upper/lower and wasn't sure. So can you go into the app, redo the whole thing where you paste the url, go through to the last page. Then go to the Oven device and click Initialize? Hopefully we see 1 disconnect message then it reconnects and you're good. I'm really hoping you can get a log or two of some data from the oven! I'd love to spend some time tomorrow coding that out.

Edit: and grab the latest app and driver code, made a lot of fixes today

No real change. App and DW latest commits applied (no update to oven seen since yesterday)

https://objectstore.lgthinq.com/1defb0d9-bde7-418a-b1b9-a575da69f5e4?Expires=1653897610&Signature=ttN8cajTvgClPxcRpcE~zUYEE2eRN8PTuS~E6gvqAP8OAFA2cEibGBqX9veJmxPK8kIFrpvfNLdA0DWbRgXj8dbUIF4xje3J5CrkXk6sJ-qx5oe5ceZe273kYTzUBmqsaJ5Jnlh6MY0IIuTCGo2qf8vuxi05JUftJ1DPAekm5BL6JSZVF7cnaRolwUhK3fp4Q3k-tnHrviO3vHwCVnFvnR3wKZsltW2zGohMIaWoq972NqSlHCnH0CmgrrhbFS~XGFcw-aXKqX-c1uHnoMGo1Eloo4gSFWo2kqV-2mKJnWT1dYMNToyJW1J6lTvV~mCHMCecul9aJmnSoY3D8ObZKw__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAI74R6YENXPGRIWLQ

https://aic.lgthinq.com:46030/api/webContents/modelJSON?modelName=D3210&countryCode=WW&contentsId=JS0719082250749334&authKey=thinq

Hmm. Stupid question but you’re on HE 2.2.1 or newer right? The only other thing I can think of is something is up with your certificate. Might want to generate a new one and try? I’ll try to see if I can figure anything more out tomorrow. Theoretically the dishwasher should report status though if you run it. But haven’t had anyone test a DW yet.

On this hub, 2.2.3.142

I'll try to create a new cert and see what that does.

I did not delete the devices, just updated app, DW, and reran the app and stepped through.

Yeah you didn’t need to delete the devices. If the new cert doesn’t work I’ll try to do some debugging tomorrow

No change.

Removed everything, reran app install, new cert (priv key + CSR), created devices.

No change. Even tried turning the oven remote start on and ran another init from the HE device page.

If you think it would help, we could always jump on a webex for a bit. I work from home mostly and have time in between client calls the next few days. PM me if you like.

Thanks for all your work on this!

Might help to do that. Let me review the mqtt code tomorrow first and see if I spot anything. What time zone are you in? I’m EDT

Just tried to init with the oven/cooktop on, nothing except the "Lost connection to MQTT, retrying in 15 seconds."

MDT and I'm usually up real late...

1 Like

Ok. I’d recommend deleting the oven device so you don’t flood their server for days retrying. I’m going to add some more debug logging tomorrow so we can see when it dies. Might help track it down.

1 Like

A quick thing in the oven driver if you change

log.warn "Lost connection to MQTT, retrying in 15 seconds"

To

log.warn "Lost connection to MQTT, retrying in 15 seconds ${e}"

It will show the error in the log. Might give some insight.

Ah, in the driver I just deleted? :laughing:

LOL, I'm getting the stink eye from the wife for having a show paused... I'll grab something later and post it.

Lol. Completely understand. I get that look frequently enough from my wife!

First off - This is awesome work !

I Just installed this to see if it could see my Washer and Dryer. Both devices were found.

Found Devices Field:

[{modelJson={}, name=Washer, id=, type=201, version=thinq2}, {modelJson={}, name=Dryer, id=, type=202, version=thinq2}]

The log entries for each:

MODEL JSON -- PLEASE POST IN THREAD https://objectstore.lgthinq.com/12930155-f72a-418a-b4c9-80c606b76af3?Expires=1618044011&Signature=kcooV5XTiJMRSrnvcIDQ7EdrSKXJUdyYi~to~NmNykaYzAQFFnPh2btwlxVqaXYvFgErKY-FC7J3trePnv9~GHp55DLFHjHG0E2yKUOs2bzbz7i7FyuxImI8mVtT3zPyo7MQqF7IEeK0nZJdlR5K4FLHcF~-M-rOK-Ok2I1GPXwZ8A5fUU1qe2BKOq7PNf~RFOKk8g3joOgk9IAOVEYhf8fE4seewzn2kpWSuApFuL3~4Rd6Zw8oghe1F8cRAkvGHVt-9cLijU37nGIYqC68RffsTY8vldeytNpQ3WmA1aF2OBPo-p9mEC8QytullC3OgDfIEiyLVQa9ggRS48Xi4Q__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAI74R6YENXPGRIWLQ

MODEL JSON -- PLEASE POST IN THREAD https://objectstore.lgthinq.com/4f8b0408-72de-449f-93be-52b31f63a5b4?Expires=1651104031&Signature=il70WHy6zkWvb3SwLfx1jLRjuZNiF44tinKm5VgQBZUY~Oybrjpo28AHMvlhzNYTTkLoJyYRx--MCFkybAisk-XZNFSR7WzpXSDY8OLMf8E7OF3hy5SLC475p7dMSrbxmiDnJMUBwblewUuTaiFdMsLYar4aOBrlTPSYXDQP~V5ohzWFCdT8tt6m8Igd1FfPZXc-X7dVlPV9BXIP80imnxvsHVH-F-MrRHdKq3vT4WrtiY5YZuToHjcNC~98MltLuqHg4r-7mtwR-amMcri14lceUn5yJIcSPFRfiGQEF3FjeCXdXQESiCOvieA033rVQKBsWTzCnmohKZrRGJcysQ__&Key-Pair-Id=APKAI74R6YENXPGRIWLQ

I am getting a lot of

Lost connection to MQTT, retrying in 15 seconds

1 Like

Could you update the driver for whatever device isshowing the MQTT error? I just added some more logging. We'll figure it out! And interesting, the data format for your washer and dryer is completely different... another thing to figure out!

It looks like it is the washer that is doing the MQTT connect. The Washer driver on GitHub is the one I used. It said it was last updated 23 hours ago... I installed it this afternoon. Is there a newer version?

@dman2306

This PR add better logging and debugging but it also fixes a infinite looping issue with the authentication.

In my case as I am still unable to auth with my google licked account, it killed my dev Hub as it started to loop ok the auth :slight_smile:

I'll continue to investigate why I can go paste the step:
Unable to generate a certificate. Please check the logs for more details, verify your credentials, and follow the steps on the first screen and try again.

1 Like

Oops, try now.