[No Longer Maintained] Energy Cost Calculator

Very nice app, really appreciate the ease of use and info displayed !

Would it be difficult to incorporate a way to select which day of the month your power bill cycle starts on?

Example, my billing cycle always starts on the 15th of each month.

1 Like

That's an option under the advanced options settings:

So sorry, I completely missed that, awesome thank you !

1 Like

No worries. I need to put some more work into the top posts to highlight the added features.

Version 0.5.2 Released

Two changes:

1. Rewrote the core logic to reduce CPU time (by a lot).
  2. Added function to handle hub variables being renamed.
  3. Added error logging to catch instances where there's an egregiously large cost value calculated.
3 Likes

Thanks for the update.
I am getting some errors, please advise.

Summary

1 Like

Try a repair in HPM.

Still getting error after repair in HPM, every minute in my pushover log

Summary

1 Like

Just pushed a hotfix.

Tried a re-install, please see below

1 Like

Just refresh and the error should clear up. There's a variable that's not getting a value until the first device update comes in. I'm working on squeezing out an update to fix that moving forward.

Just pushed 0.5.5 to fix the logging issue.

Version 0.5.6 Released

• Fix issue with setting variable values at installation.
  • Fix issue with constant error logging.
2 Likes

Thanks for the quick fix. I think it's fine now.
Will check later, just need to pop out.

1 Like

I have updated and the new app seems to have maintained the values from the modified code I had. So for now the total energy values are correct.

1 Like

Got a large cost error a couple of hours ago. See below.

It was on the washing machine plug, a ZEn15. I have had it on several different devices.

1 Like

If that is still there...can you copy/paste that long entry into a PM to me? Dumping it into an Excel will help.

Just checked and it is gone. I am running a beta version of the advanced VThermostat and it is generating a lot of logs that can't be turned off. So it's gone

1 Like

How about a screenshot of the events page for device 342?

Well this time it looks like the devices did something weird. You can see the energy jumped to 284.763kWh and then went back to normal.

The hub running your app is my rules hub. It handles all my rules and apps. All the devices are on two separate hubs and are shared via hub mesh. Maybe I see this more because of hiccups in Hub mesh. I think you said you have see this occasionally. I see it at least once or twice a day.

1 Like

That is odd. Almost all the devices for my dev hub are brought in via hub mesh and I've only had this happen once that I'm aware of.

What type of devices do you mainly use? What device type was that one?