No change in Temp Alert

I have a Visonic MCT-350 sensor in our freezer that monitors the door and temp and will alert if the door is opened for too long and/or if the temp rises above a certain degree for too long. However while this sensor works great on opening/closing and Temp the stupid battery always shows at 100%

Since it is a frost free freezer and goes through a defrost cycle every few hours I'm trying to find a way to use the temp as a monitor for the battery being dead. I was trying to setup something in RM where if the Temp does not change in 24 hours to send an alert for me to check it. However in RM I do not see an option for unchanged only the following.

Is the a way to accomplish what I'm trying to do with RM or should I be looking to use a different app?

Jimmy

I did something similiar for some motion detectors that didn't report battery. What I did was if motion was detected then I set a flag, or variable, Then once a day I checked if the flag was set all was ok and I reset the flag. If the flag wasn't set it meant no motion and I issued an alert to my self.

I would think you could do something similiar that when a temperature change was detected set maybe the RM boolean. Then once a day check to see if the boolean is set or not. And reset so it is ready for the next day.

It almost certainly can be done in rule machine with one or two rules and a couple of hub variables, but it's probably easier to use one of the available community-built notification apps that looks at the time of the last activity from a device and notifies you after a certain elapsed time with no new activity. I'm using "Device Activity Check".

I think you could do this in rule machine with your trigger being “changed.”

The key is to set a delay of 24 hours on your notification action, and to make the delay cancelable.

If the temperature doesn’t change, the delay elapses and the notification is sent.

But as long as the temp changes within 24 hours, a new instance of the rule will execute, and the prior instance (still in the delay period before sending notification) will be canceled.

Like this:

Personally, I do what @Alan_F does, which is to use an app designed to notify me when it receives no updates from a device after a defined period of time.

I like @bertabcd1234’s app Device Activity Check.

Looks like the easiest is Device Activity Check. Thanks for the info.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.