Newby Problems

The hub is approx 100 feet away from switch and I also have a plug/repeater about 70 feet away from the said switch. Do I have to keep my hub connected to my AT&T all in one router and modem? Or is that just at set up? I do have the remote access so I think I need connected. If so, moving the hub is not an option. Thank you.

100’ with a repeater probably works depending on environmental variables.

Haven’t tested off-LAN but if the hub keeps its own batter backed internal clock then it should work just fine with your time triggered automations. Other event triggered automations should work regardless.

Dl you still have manual control over the GE switch from Hubitat? Sounded like you’re could be in a state where the HE device is deleted but Z-Wave still has the device listed. If so, you’ll want to try an exclusion. Go to devices, hit discovery button up top, go into z-wave discovery, and there you’ll see an exclusion button. Before you hit that button, figure out the button sequence for exclusion on the GE switch. Hit exclusion on the HE page, from then you have 30 seconds to do exclude on the GE switch. Watch the HE page for a notice about device exclusion.

If exclusion fails or isn’t an option, then brute force it. De-energize the GE switch. Then go into settings/z-wave and hit refresh, wait a sec, then hit remove; might have to do refresh more than once before remove appears. Once removed from the HE Z-Wave device list, energize the GE switch and perform a factory reset. Then re-run the inclusion process.

Make sense?

Once you have control established, post your automation rules here. I’d probably just do it with Rule Machine. Happy to help you figure it out

Wouldn’t hurt to shut the hub, power down the hub at the wall to reboot the radios, then power back up.

TO the OP... if you want to minimize brain damage... I recommend this for your application

This device understands dusk and dawn based on your location- and the reliability factor is very high.

If you want to get into home automation... then carry on. :slight_smile:

Got it back in my devices. Now I don’t think there is a driver for my GE Indoor/Outdoor ez smart switch. Any recommendations on one that will work with automations. I can turn on and off using the GE Embrighten switch. But probably will have automation issues like before.

The generic Z-Wave switch driver should work.

Instal Rule Machine app from built-in apps.

Setup two rules. One to turn pump on, another to turn pump off.

The rule will look something like this:

1 Like

Thanks for the info. It works!!! Generic Z-Wave worked like a charm. Thank you pkdaly!