Newbie with a misbehaving ST Motion Sensor

Sorry if this has been asked a thousand times before, I have been searching but can't find anything so far.

I'm just in the first days of trying to migrate to HE from ST.

I have a pile of early version (V2 I think) ST sensors and so far have had success migrating them but one is misbehaving.

HE Add ZigBee Device Manually and also specifically adding a ST motion sensor, both will add the sensor and set it with the default generic ZigBee motion sensor driver, but I'm not getting any events from the device.

Removed it from HE and added it back into ST and all worked as expected,

Removed it from ST and back into HE and again no events or statuses..

Any ideas?
Thanks

With some of my original ST sensors I had to remove the battery, start the inclusion on HE, and then put the battery back in…

1 Like

Think I have tried that already but worth another go. Thank you

Yup tried that several times before posting and just tried again with add device running first (as suggested by @thebearmay ).

This time it seemed to work as I got status to active and then non-active but that's as far as it got and it's been stuck with no further status update since then

Well don't ask me how (apart from perseverance and repetition) but I managed eventually to get it to work!

3 Likes

Make sure that you have a lot of repeaters in your mesh...

Also take a look at this for rules of thumb

1 Like

@rlithgow1 , thank you.

I had actually read your thread before the hub actually arrived.. was one of the best as I trawled through the community, so thank you.

As a Webcore refugee from ST, I've got about 70 devices and a IOT setup that's been running since the day ST launched in the UK, think this one device was just being a PITA.

1 Like

Yeah, I only mention is a lot of people make the mistake of having a low amount of mains based repeaters. One way to check is move the sensor near the hub. Does it work normaly? If so then maybe get a mains based repeater near by it if you don't have one already or swap it with a sensor that works better there and keep that one closer to the hub..

1 Like

Yeah this was all within six foot direct line of the hub and definitely was the sensor unit.

Also over here in the UK, we have small houses :rofl:

1 Like