New user, MyQ not installing

Maybe one last thing before I get too above my head.

Can you post screenshots (not copy paste) of both door device pages, in particular the top and middle of the page up to where it says Save Preferences.

1 Like

Here ya go. I did change them to garage door opener from myq lock door to see if that changed anything. Also, for tile, am I supposed to use the door device or sensor device? I'm using the garage control template.

Sorry, can you do the sensors too?

By the way, it will keep the thread more easy to read for everyone (less scrolling) if you click the gear in the bar above where you type your reply (where the bold, italics and so on are), and select Hide Details.

1 Like
Summary

This text will be hidden

Pics of sensors.

Right away I would set one thing different on those sensors.

In the Preferences section, the top left box should be selected ON. (Do you want to use this on a garage door)

After that hit configure, and run the door and see what happens.

1 Like
Summary

This text will be hidden

I think, and could be wrong, that if I did that, I'd have to set it up as a contact sensor. I'm trying to use it as a tilt, where both sides stay connected and don't separate but move with the door. I picked that up in one of the threads, but I may have misunderstood how the setting worked.

You are reading that backwards. It acts like a contact UNLESS you select that, then it works without a magnet. Flip the switch and see what happens.

1 Like
Summary

This text will be hidden

Okay. Changed both. No change on the status on dashboard. Tried open button in door properties, nothing. Tried hitting button on tile, nothing.

Btw, what's the difference between setting them up as door opener vs lock? I thought you did lock unless you had the 3rd party sensor.

Lock is literally a MyQ lock (deadbolt thingy) for your overhead door. You probably don't have one of those.

You should be be using the Sensor version, and not the Light version, No-Sensor, nor the Lock version.

1 Like
Summary

This text will be hidden

SHould I delete the other driver codes that installed somewhere along the line?

I open/closed both doors with the physical button. Dashboards on both PC and mobile have not changed.

Btw, thank you for your help!

Ignore the dashboards for the moment, they will only do what the app says. What does the actual device page for the sensor itself do?

And yes, get rid of anything you aren't using.

I found something different in the settings of doors vs sensors. The sensors have MyQ Lite in the "in use by" section, where the doors do not. It is blank.

That is normal, or somewhat so. Mine for example show the door "in use by" a battery monitor I am using, and dashboard. The sensor doesn't show here.

The sensors show the doors as their "in use by"

The dashboards should show in your in use by doors though if you have them on a dashboard.

1 Like

Okay. I got it. I deleted all unnecessary drivers and re-ran the install. This time I did not choose the rocker option to use as door locks and the on/off option. I was able to open/close the doors via dashboard several times, but it is intermittently not reporting or updating correctly.