New to Hubitat

It is now called "Simple Automation Rules"

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Simple_Automation_Rules

2 Likes

Now Simple Automations. Same thing with a few more options.

It worked yesterday, now its broken again this morning. I have excluded it and included in 3 times already. Same result. here is the screenshot!

Hopefully thats what you wanted

I was just able to open and close it in the command box. But still nothing from inside the dashboard.

I don't use Dashboards, so I should let someone else (@neonturbo, @TechMedX) answer this. However, I recall there are two different dashboard templates for garage door tiles. Make sure you use a template that permits door control.

1 Like

Yeah I did the garage(control) template and it worked for a few hours. Woke up this morning and nada. When I go into the devices menu I am able to open and close the door and the current status changes correctly. I have read that maybe its because the hub is far away. I'm on the second floor and the garage is directly below me. Also I have 3 z-wave devices within 3-5 feet of it.

What devices are these?

2 light switches and a schlage door

The light switches should function as repeaters. The Schlage lock will not.

should I try and exclude the lights again along with the garage? Then include the lights then the garage to see if that works?

I really would not advise that. I would advise making sure you have no ghost z-wave devices. Run a repair to the GDO.

And then hopefully 2.2.4 will fix the remnant z-wave issues with the C-7.

2 Likes

I did have one of my switches go out on me last night. Waiting for the new one to come tomorrow.

How do i take a device out of the repair?

Maybe thats my ghost but it wont come off

There is an issue with dashboards not refreshing properly if you hub reboots. Not sure if it is related. When the device is unresponsive via the dashboard, click the green arrow which will force the dashboard to reload, then try the control again. If that works you could be facing the reboot/refresh issue.

A bad mesh can also create this issue.

The distance from your hub to your dashboard device does not matter. However the distance between the garage door opener and the hub does matter. Starting at your hub can you 'hop' to the garage door device, limiting each 'hop' to no more than 10-15 feet before 'repeating' off another main power z-wave plus device? If not you might need a repeater

That could also be an issue. How long has that device been there? I heard something about ghost devices being removed during nightly maintenance, but then there was talk of that not working. This could be part of remnant z-wave issues @aaiyar mentioned above. I have not migrated z-wave over to my C7 yet, so not sure I can be of much help there.

2 Likes

ive had issues with the same ver 8 garage door opener as well , it is very picky what it uses as a repeater and will not use the switches i have in the garage but will use ge wall switches etc.. try getting maybe a ring or aeon v7 repeater and putting in the garage.

Did some work and the ghost is now gone. I went back and hooked the garage door back into hubitat and voila back in business. Thanks for all the help guys. Sorry if i am annoying, Promised the Mrs. this would be a easy transition. For the most part it has been. Just a few hiccups

2 Likes

What happens is that any events (lights change state, power events from UPS or Ring range extenders, etc.) that occur while the hub is not fully running are lost. I have a rule that refreshes my Ring extender power status on reboot. I guess I could expand the rule to walk the entire device tree. Or, the Hubitat platform could refresh all devices on reboot, or permit device drivers to have a startup routine that gets called on each reboot so that device status could be refreshed.

1 Like

That would be amazing

How do you monitor the state of your devices?

For the most part, I use node-red sequences to notify me by text if any device's state doesn't match what is anticipated. I also use Homebridge, so I can display/control devices using the Home app on my phone or computer. However, I need to do this very very rarely.

1 Like