NEW TO HUBITAT... Question on locks and Carrier Infinity System

Lovely, thanks.

Thanks.

@damon.dinsmore @mbishop

From a quick read of the thread, the sticking point seems to be with the HMAC_SHA1 portion of the code...

Just a FYI... The crypto packages have been whitelisted in HE firmware 2.1.8+... and HMAC_SHA1 is supported... So you might want to take another shot at porting the app/driver...

import javax.crypto.spec.SecretKeySpec
import javax.crypto.Mac

def HMAC_Test() {
    String result
	String key = "097628343fe99e23765c1513accf8b02"
	String data = "097628343fe99e23765c1513accf8b02"

try {

// get an hmac_sha1 key from the raw key bytes
        SecretKeySpec signingKey = new SecretKeySpec(key.getBytes(), "HmacSHA1");

// get an hmac_sha1 Mac instance and initialize with the signing key
        Mac mac = Mac.getInstance("HmacSHA1");
        mac.init(signingKey);

// compute the hmac on input data bytes
        byte[] rawHmac = mac.doFinal(data.getBytes());
        result= rawHmac.encodeHex()
		log.debug "HMAC_SHA1 result: ${result}"

} catch (Exception e) {
        log.debug("Failed to generate HMAC : " + e.getMessage())
    }
}

results in:

dev:10282020-02-02 05:42:02.278 am debugHMAC_SHA1 result: 1ac2f2d7738b6c054c755ae300153366584dad33

1 Like

Interesting.

I also have a need for Carrier Infinity !

I'll be watching the thread

It looks like the Carrier COR and Ecobee are almost identical in looks and software. Would it be easy to just port the Ecobee drivers to carrier?? Obviously i am probably over simplifying it but they do look very similar.

What do you mean by "looks similar"? Do you mean that the devices have similar physical appearances? Physical appearance being similar doesn't mean that the function in the same way. An iPhone looks similar to an Andorid but you can't just install an iPhone app on an Android device.

That is soooo true. Sort of what i meant when I wrote,
"Obiviously I am probably over simplifying it but they do look very similar"

I am using the base from ecobee for the carrier COR. The screens are laid out different but functions and menus are almost the same.

But that's not what's important. The Ecobee app and driver connect to the Ecobee cloud. You won't be able to use it to connect to a Carrier Thermostat.

This is incorrect. You can use ecobee login credentials for the Carrier Cor thermostat, which uses ecobee's cloud.

If you have ecobee login credentials, you can access your Carrier Cor thermostat using it.

1 Like

Then you shouldn't have to do anything to the Ecobee app. It should just work. If they use the same protocol then they are the same thermostat essentially, right?

Yup. As long as the user has ecobee login credentials - I know that works for sure.

Then why does it have it's own app on the app store:

You have one? Because I can't find anything on the Carrier website.

If you have ecobee login credentials, you can access your Carrier Cor thermostat (on ecobee's app, ecobee's website, and via their API).

I had no idea it would be that simple. It is connected and working. No coding necessary!!

Thanks

1 Like

You're welcome. I knew that would work (although only for the Carrier Cor - and not other Carrier thermostats).

I currently have a carrier infinity wifi thermostat. Does anyone know if the carrier cor offers the multifan speeds like the infinity? I'm so sick of the garbage app.

No. The Carrier Cor thermostat supports conventionally wired systems. Your Infinity system is a communicating thermostat (it is likely your airhandler and compressor are both variable speed), so you can't use any conventional thermostat without losing all the efficiency provided by a variable speed system.

1 Like

yeah that right. I forgot about that dang proprietary communications majigger. I've had this system for a long time and the app looks the same web app since the start lol

1 Like