NEW TO HUBITAT... Question on locks and Carrier Infinity System

I currently have a carrier infinity wifi thermostat. Does anyone know if the carrier cor offers the multifan speeds like the infinity? I'm so sick of the garbage app.

No. The Carrier Cor thermostat supports conventionally wired systems. Your Infinity system is a communicating thermostat (it is likely your airhandler and compressor are both variable speed), so you can't use any conventional thermostat without losing all the efficiency provided by a variable speed system.

1 Like

yeah that right. I forgot about that dang proprietary communications majigger. I've had this system for a long time and the app looks the same web app since the start lol

1 Like

If you don't mind throwing $50 at a raspberry Pi, I built this just to test it, and it seems to work very well. Acts as a proxy between the Carrier Infinity touch thermostat and the carrier servers.

I have infinitude setup with docker on my synology.

I'm trying to get my hubitat to put the thermostat in away mode when there is no motion for X minutes, and back to home mode when it detects motion.

I've tried to jimmyrig this using hubconnect and smartthings (where there is a rough app thats been created for this - see here: (Carrier Infinity / Bryant Evolution compatibility? - Devices & Integrations - SmartThings Community) but it is very unreliable for some reason. If I switch the stat to away mode, for example, it automatically switches back to home after a few seconds.

Has anyone created a hubitat app to interact with infinitude?

1 Like

Not sure if this will help anyone but wanted to post it here in case it does. I was looking for a way to integrate Hubitat with my Carrier Infinity system so that when I left my office, I could push a button to turn the lights off and turn the thermostat up for my office zone. I couldn't find an integration but I did come up with a work around. This workaround requires Amazon Alexa, an Alexa Skill and an Echo Speaks application

1. Install and setup Echo Speaks on Hubitat ("https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-echo-speaks-v3-actions/22879")
  2. Enable Carrier Infinity Touch Control Skill in Amazon Alexa App
  3. Create Alexa routine to set thermostat in Amazon Alexa App
  4. Create app in Echo Speaks app with action as Execute Alexa Routine(s) and select your routine. Trigger based on whatever trigger action you'd like.
2 Likes

@Haze I wanted to thank you for this. With your instructions I was able to finally setup my carrier infinity zones + hubitat to turn the mode to away/home based on motion sensing. I setup a virtual switch for each zone and echo speaks triggers the relevant home/away scene with rule machine. No fiddling with inifnitude.

AMAZING! Thanks again.

@Haze - how reliable are you finding this setup? I'm seeing about a 50% take rate of the alexa routines actually being pickup up by the infinity system.

@Haze, is there a way to trigger the action from a Dashboard? I didn't see that in the list of triggers but I'm probably missing something.

I can't answer that specifically, but dashboards need a device to be a trigger. So typically someone will create a virtual button or virtual switch to use as the trigger, at least if you are completely within Hubitat.

For Alexa, I think you have to have (I always mix which one of these up) either a contact or motion sensor as the trigger. Again, you could have a virtual button on Hubitat dashboard that would then via a simple rule turn that virtual sensor on, which Alexa would use for a trigger. There is someone who wrote a basic app that makes a universal sensor that Alexa can use, which is probably the easiest way to handle that part of things.

1 Like

Thanks @neonturbo! I'll try that.

Hopefully you're still around to reply. How does one go about getting ecobee credentials without actually buying an ecobee thermostat? There doesn't seem to be an option for me to choose from on the registration page. I have the Cor and it shows in my network client list that Ecobee is the manufacturer.

Try your Carrier Côr login.

Unfortunately, that didn't work. One of these days I may just buy one, but for now, I'll work with what I got.

Thanks for the response!

Gads I hate to keep bringing up HomeAssistant because I don't really use it all that much but if you have a spare server (Rpi/VM/old computer) you could maybe use this integration:

And then use the Hubitat community "Home Assistant Device Bridge"

OR do something like this (older post, read a few posts):

You'd use Home Assistant as a HomeKit controller (no Apple stuff required) and control your Ecobee from there then bring it into HE via the HE bridge (listed above).

1 Like

For what it's worth, I have this working (poorly) with Hubitat<->HA<->Infinitude. I wish I could just write a driver for Hubitat<->Infinitude, but it's beyond my skillset.

1 Like

It doesn't look like Carrier wants to play nice anyway.

1 Like

Nope. I was a dolt and when I had my HVAC replaced, didn't do any due diligence on the thermostat integration. Can't spend another $25K just to get my thermostat in the app, sadly.

I have found that the HE<->HA<->Infinitude works much better when Infinitude is run natively and not as a Docker container, so hopefully I can at least get that stable.

If you have a complex HVAC system with the variable speed fan you unfortunately need the proprietary thermostat to maximize the system performance. It works pretty well and there are the integration work arounds. I like the Rheem/Ruud thermostat a little better as it has 5 speeds rather than 3. Also with no official integration.