New to Hubduino

I've just discovered the joys of Hubduino and using the example sketch, I've managed to add my IOT Nano 33 to my elevation Hub.

I started with the example sketch, 'SmartThingsOnOffWIFININA' and that works - I can go into devices, send an 'on' or an 'off' message which toggles the onboard LED.

What I can't work out is what app I need in Habitat to automatically send information to the Hubduino - so say I wanted something to happen at Dusk, how do I send a command, or a variable, to the Arduino so it can act?

Thanks
Chris

1 Like

Please take a look at the HubDuino ReadMe file...

It appears you’re only working with one of the “SmartThings...” communications library examples.

Try the ST_Anything_Multiples_WiFiNiNa example sketch instead, along with all of the HubDuino Parent and Child Drivers.

This will allow you to create Contact Sensors, Motion Sensors, Switches, Temperature Sensors, Humidity Sensors, Leak Sensors, etc... These will show up just like any other Zigbee or Z-Wave device on your hub, allowing any App to use them.

Once you have HubDuino child devices, then you can use any Hubitat App to interact with those devices.

1 Like

Good morning and thanks for replying

Sorry, I'm quite new to this whole thing. I worked through the instructions on here to set it up:

However, I had a few issues. The ST_Anything_Multiples Sketch correctly compiles and connects to the network, no problems. However, when it says ' Verify your Child Devices are automagically created', I couldn't see any sign of this - I just assumed that there'd been some Hubitat update or something so they weren't listed. Then, when I click on the device, under 'present' it says 'not present'. If I used the Communication Sketch (the OnOffWifiNINA) one it shows as 'present'. Does this matter?

I can't find any Hubduino Example Sketches, other than the basic ST_Anything_Multiples, but because that doesn't include any child devices, I'm struggling to use that as a template to create one, if that makes sense. I was hoping for a snippet for a basic switch or sensor that I could adapt and customise. Failing that, are there any more tutorials or documentation around?

Actually - think I might have found one online now.

You should start with the ST_Anything_Multiples_NANO33IoT.ino sketch below. This is a good starting point to make sure everything is working.

You must change the following section of the sketch, including commenting out the ST hub section, and uncommenting the Hubitat hub section (as shown below).

//******************************************************************************************
//WiFiNINA Information
//****************************************************************************************** 
String str_ssid     = "yourSSIDhere";                           //  <---You must edit this line!
String str_password = "yourWiFiPasswordhere";                   //  <---You must edit this line!
IPAddress ip(192, 168, 1, 234);       // Device IP Address      //  <---You must edit this line!
IPAddress gateway(192, 168, 1, 1);    //Router gateway          //  <---You must edit this line!
IPAddress subnet(255, 255, 255, 0);   //LAN subnet mask         //  <---You must edit this line!
IPAddress dnsserver(192, 168, 1, 1);  //DNS server              //  <---You must edit this line!
const unsigned int serverPort = 8090; // port to run the http server on

// Smartthings Hub Information
//IPAddress hubIp(192, 168, 1, 149);    // smartthings hub ip     //  <---You must edit this line!
//const unsigned int hubPort = 39500;   // smartthings hub port

// Hubitat Hub Information
IPAddress hubIp(192, 168, 1, 145);    // Hubitat hub ip     //  <---You must edit this line!
const unsigned int hubPort = 39501;   // Hubitat hub port

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.