New Sengled bulbs are not working

Hello all, I just installed 4 Sengled A19 Zigbee bulbs in my basement along with an Aqara sensor on the basement door. Everything paired just fine and I set up some rules to turn all lights on when door is open and turn all lights off when door is closed. Only 2 of the 4 bulbs are responding to the rule. I did a reset on the two bulbs that are non-responsive and removed them and re-added them in Hubitat, same issue. I enabled the mesh setting on all 4 bulbs thinking that may help; it did not do anything.... I tested every bulb upon install by turning it on and off within Hubitat and they all worked then, but now the two that don't respond cannot even be controlled manually in Hubitat. Any advice on getting these bulbs working correctly? thanks

The mesh setting is not what you think; it's something to do with multi-hub setups, you can turn that off. You can try to make a group using the 'Groups and Scenes' app (turn on group messaging). That will make the bulbs work in unison and reduce traffic. The only other issue I can think may be affecting you is signal strength. A repeater between the hub and bulbs could help, unless they're already on top of each other.

1 Like

Thank you for the tips and yes, the bulbs are all pretty close to each other already.

I meant close to the hub.

Keep in mind the Sengled bubs don't repeat so would not help each other.. this is actually a good thing as repeating Zigbee bulbs tend to mess with the mesh.

Honestly they're not that far from the hub. My home is only 800 sq. ft.

So I grouped them together and they're still not working correctly. It seems like they're alternating which ones don't work, but now it's 3 of 4 are working correctly.

I have four sengled bulbs in one standup lamp in my livingroom and have set them up as a group as well.

I just checked my group and I have zigbee messaging disabled.

Are you able to control them individually from their device pages?

Is the hub in the basement too? ZigBee radios operate on the same spectrum as most Wi-Fi, 2.4GHz. Metal and water significantly reduce range. Most of us have added wall-wort style lamp plugs that repeat to rooms with troublesome bulbs and ceiling fans. Bulbs tend to be lousy repeaters in general, Sengled bulbs are purposely non-repeaters. That means your five devices are all trying to talk directly to the hub, no mesh to amplify a signal. $30 bucks or so on a plug-in module may be the fix here. That's the next thing I'd try. I have modules by Iris, Samsung, Osram, and GE/JASCO in every room of my house to keep my 2000 sqf house plus yard working properly.

1 Like

The hub is basically right at the top of the basement staircase on a little table along with the router. I will try some zigbee wall plugs to see if that helps, it can't hurt.

Also a note on the Aqara. They don’t play nice with some other device.

Please make sure you check the list here

My temp/humidity sensors have been fine ever since I removed my three ST plugs.

It's very strange, so if I try to control them manually as a GROUP, 3 of 4 of the lights respond to the on/off switch via Hubitat. If I try to do the same thing but individually with each device, only 2 of 4 respond correctly.

I apologize. I went back and read your OP again and saw that you already stated that.

Yup I think I would try repeaters as @michael.l.nelson has suggested. I have sonoff s31 lites in most rooms and five tradfri repeaters where I don’t. I’m in Canada and I buy the sonoff’s on Amazon.ca for approx $12 CDN.

Thank you! do you know if the Ikea plug is a repeater? it's called a wireless plug or something? or is it just the one with the USB hookup that is a repeater?

This will do what you need if repeating signal is the problem.

Not sure if the Advanced Zigbee Bulb is the right driver for your Sengled bulbs but it's what I'm using successfully for my Sengled E11-N1G.

Beyond that, the previous replies come from experience in calling it a signal quality issue.

do you know if this one will work too?

Yup. I think all plug in zigbee stuff repeats.

1 Like

The plug will work, but is not as good as the repeater. My recommendation would be to go with the repeater rather than the plug. I have both and the plug was never used by the mesh to repeat my Zigbee signal (as far as I can see…).

My experience as well, I wish I wouldn't have bought that humongous plug. The repeater has the additional advantage of being extended with a USB cable to a higher position if necessary.

Darn delivery for that repeater at Ikea is unavailable to me! Ikea has been a pain to work with lately. Any other good repeater options out there?

Innr makes some good stuff..

Or maybe an GE enbrighten outlet?