New Qubino 2 Relay System Driver :: Possible race condition?

Hi @Rxich. Did you ever figure this out? I'm having the same problem. Any suggestions would be great.

Hmm, I totally forgot about mine, which means it's working better. The status updates, not instantly but within 3-4 seconds. I don't know if its all the hub updates, or the 3 new z-wave repeaters in the room. I did observe when testing right next to the hub, the qubino works instantly, so I guess it's the sucky tiny antenna in that tiny device.
Still using the standard hubitat driver, and PS I don't think it's the driver but the weak signal, especially in a metal switch box.

Thanks for getting back to me. I found that using the built in driver I was getting inconsistent triggers on i2 and i3. i1 worked instantly every time which tells me it's not the antenna in my case.
I managed to get the Ericm drivers working in the end and everything now works great.

Great to hear. Yes Eric's drivers are usually perfect, it's so great to have him here in hubitat.

I could never get the child driver to switch to Eric's, it seems the once the hub grabs the built in driver, the child uses the same but in driver, and I couldn't figure how to change the child driver

I had the same problem. I found I needed to install the contact sensor child device and select the relevant option to get the child devices to show. I could then use the momentary push button child device driver and options.

I'm unable to get it to include using the custom drivers. have you been able to do so reliably?

I'm having issues with the built in driver that the switch state takes about 5 seconds to update making it useless for turning on my hue light.

It was a while ago and I ended up switching to Fibaro devices so I can't remember much, but... I think I had to use the custom driver to get things working properly.

My Qubino dual relay recently died on me fortunately - I say this because instead of being really flaky for a long time causing additional Hub chaos the child devices just stopped responding so easy to detect. Swapped them out for some Zooz toggles (WAF likes the toggles) and all is well.

My other dual type relay device, an Aeotec Dual Nano is very slow to trigger events from the physical switch. I wonder if there is something inherently funky going on with child devices for these kinds of things.. dunno.

ok, it works fine for me for turning on lights from my hub etc, and when physically turning on the light. but it's unusable with the delay to use as a button to turn on an other light via the hub..
And I'm unable to get the child devices to use the custom driver. any ideas?

I think the delay is actually due to the Qubino firmware unfortunately. I experienced it with both the custom drivers and the built in drivers. I have just learnt to live with the 2-4 second delay when using the secondary inputs for buttons. Sucks but I can't afford to change all my Qubino switches now. :frowning_face:

Do you or anyone know of a alternative that has instant status? or of a device that i can place behind a button that can parse a 240 volt pulse into a button event?

something like the Fibaro smart implant, but for 240 volts..

I haven't tried any other similar devices as I chose Qubino and stuck with them due to their small size. Maybe someone else has had better luck...? I'm tempted to replace where I am using them as buttons with a dedicated z wave button (e.g. Aeotec Wallmote) but I am only assuming that would be more responsive.

You want a device to detect a push, but not directly drive a load? Do you specifically need a dual relay? If not, then I guess just about any Z-Wave or Zigbee switch would work if you just don't connect a load to it. You could create a rule in Hubitat triggered by that switch's status. (Note: I've never tried this, so I can't say 100% that this works, but others might)

Or, if you're talking about a switch that controls one load directly, but can also detect a 2nd physical button, this is possible with the Fibaro Dimmer 2. It has a 2nd switch input, and it can be configured to detect that as a button push. This does make it react slightly slower to button presses (on both S1 and S2) than in the normal mode, but we're not talking about seconds of delay. It's still less than a second. One caveat: Some users have reported strange behavior related to S2 that seemed to surface in the past few months. Not all of us have had this issue, but some have. They seemed to be resolved by performing a factory reset, or by some quirky configurations, but nobody seems to have a definite answer as to the root cause. You can read more about that here:

and

in my current setup i have a

where both buttons are conencted to the qubino dual relay. on of the relay outputs drive my ceiling light, the other is not connected.
The one that's not connected have a rule in hubitat to turn toggle the mirror light when the qubino relay toggles. But it takes 2-4 seconds for the state to update in hubitat and for the rule to trigger.

1 Like

I have this exact setup except using Aeotec Dual relay.. one has a load the other does not. Tried various drivers including the Qubino one.. ended up hacking a smartthings driver which kind of works. Now getting 3-4 second response times. Really not acceptable so will likely change over to switches. When I toggle things digitally it's instant, when I flip the switch on the no-load part it clicks but the event doesn't fire for a few seconds.

On a side note - Was getting 7-10 secs delay before a Qubino 2 relay (both with loads) installed in our mudroom went bad so maybe something funky with Z-Wave network.. I do have 2 Aeotec 7 repeaters in place to mitigate such things.

May have to start zniffing again..

yeah, digitally is instant for me too. seems like that exact same problem. so if the brand of dual switch doesn't matter, it would seem like i need another solution..

I was wondering if it was some sort of child device issue. I don't think the Aeotec and Qubino drivers are all that different but who knows?

hmm.. might be.. if so other hubs wouldn't have the same issue?

:man_shrugging:

I think i have a solution..
I'm gonna replace my Qubino 2 way relay with a Qubino mini dimmer
I'm thinking of either replacing my se dual switch with a single on, and placing a Aqara single switch (WXKG03LM) OR completely removing my se switch and covering the hole with a Aqara dual switch (WXKG02LM)

1 Like