New Nest Wifi Pro router not showing C7 despite hardwiring it in

Our Orbi was giving us a lot of issues so we replaced it with the Nest Wifi Pro and hooked it up last night. We had to call Nextlink for them to authorize the new router on network and everything except the Hubitat can be seen in the Google Home app.

The Hubitat is the only thing that is hardwired to the new router (right now - we usually use a Netgear switch). It (Hubitat) has a green light and all of my rules seem to be working just fine. I cannot see the Hubitat at all in the Google Home app, so I can't find the IP address to be able to go into the Hubitat UI.

I called Google and, just as I figured, it's the Hubitat's fault that it can't be seen. The tech explained to me that I would need to go into the Hubitat UI and make some changes to the settings for the Google to see it. I told her that I need the to find IP address in the Google Home app to be able to access the Hubitat and she just repeated the need for me to make changes to the Hubitat's settings. I don't know if it was a language barrier or what, but the call went exactly how I was expecting it to. :woman_facepalming:

I have used the utilities on my phone and laptop trying to locate the hub. The only thing that worked was using the MAC address but it shows the hub at the old IP address.

Since I'm getting desperate here I hooked up the old router, accessed the C7 and did a few backups on it in case I have to factory reset or whatever

I have some (very) limited knowledge on networking, etc and have exhausted all of my fixes for issues like this so any help would be greatly appreciated with this.

Try this

4 Likes

It's likely Hubitat has retained the IP address it was using on the old network. As a first step I would try a network reset. This resets ONLY network settings.

Assuming that works there are a couple of other steps you should take to make sure HE always gets the same network address. But first things first.

3 Likes

That worked!!!
THANK YOU!

I looked all over it for a reset button totally missed the hidey hole lol
I'm assuming the next thing that I need to do is set it have a static ip in the Nest Home app?

1 Like

Yup! I generally refer to it as a "DHCP reservation" since the hub is still using DHCP. Also if you have any IP-based integrations (Lutron or Hue for instance) you may need to ensure their new IPs are reserved and any configuration on the HE side is updated.

2 Likes

Thank you for clarifying that it's DHCP reservation vs static IP. You saved me more headaches trying to figure out how to do that.
I went in a reserved the assigned IP address for the Hubitat and the Logitech Harmony Hug and now everything's now working perfectly.
Thank you!!!!!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.