New Light Switches not working after latest Update

Hi All,

I have various light switches, all the same (Xiaomi). The switches I added a few weeks ago work perfectly. Then I did the Hubitat update for Rule Machine a week or so ago. Since then, the switches that I add can no longer be controlled - they get the status, but the control buttons do nothing.

Now looking at the setup of the switches, those that were setup with the old firmware seem to have control variables (as indicted), whereas the new ones have the controls, but no variables appearing. It seems to be the only difference that I can see.

Any ideas?

Working (old) light switch....

Non-working (new) light switch

The state variables in the first screen shot were not created by the Generic Zigbee Switch driver.
This would indicate to me that the older switches at some point were using a different driver and that later you switched them to use the Hubitat driver.
It is possible that the older custom driver contained Xiaomi specific configuration commands that the device needs in order to work, just a guess, but the missing variables aren't related to rule machine or any platform updates.

Yeah - it was a read hearing. I download a new driver for the QBKG04LM using this thread ([Release] Xiaomi / Aqara device drivers) and its all working.

Assuming you meant a red herring, and spell check decided otherwise :wink:

I must read Herring. Then I will have read Herring. Did you fall for the red herring in Herring? English, gotta love it.:grimacing:

1 Like