New inovelli switches stuck on initializing C7 Hub

And you saw confirmation in the logs that an unknown device was excluded? If you are seeing that, then there might be another issue going on. Like range.

Maybe worth noting, I have never been offered a pre-checked box for the S2 mode on the LZW31-SN. I believe it should be supported.

I received those check boxes. 3 out of the 4 boxes were prechecked. I never checked the 4th box.

Also, it did say the unknown device was excluded in the logs each time.

hmm ... @bcopeland any input on this? I know that the inovelli can be a bear to pair. (sorry about the poetry)

Same, and no prompt for the leading digits in the Device Specific Key. I thought that was necessary.

This is despite the following:

• The device is adjacent to the hub
  • The device was freshly factory reset
  • There are zero other z-wave devices and no automations
  • Fresh safe reboot on the hub following a Z-Wave Radio Reset.
  • The device worked on the SmartThings hub which is adjacent to the HE hub.

I'm also having issues with Inovelli switches, but LZW36 (Fan & Light). Pretty much the same as you.

This is probably the closest to the hub I can get..

still failed :frowning:

[sys:1]2020-07-27 04:48:03.644 pm warnZ-Wave Secure Inclusion failed, the device needs to be excluded then included again.

1 Like

If you are using inovelli's drivers you will want to pair without security as their drivers don't support S2 .. When the grants popup appears uncheck everything.

5 Likes

I will try that. Thank you for the reply.

Unfortunately that did not work. I unchecked all the boxes. It then never prompted me to enter the 5 digit DSK.

Stuck on initializing. Same distance as the picture before.

I made sure to exclude it before I tried to include it without any boxes checked.

[sys:1]2020-07-27 04:55:36.528 pm warnZ-Wave Secure Inclusion failed, the device needs to be excluded then included again.

[sys:1]2020-07-27 04:55:11.274 pm infoZ-Wave Discovery Running

[sys:1]2020-07-27 04:55:02.752 pm infoUnknown Z-Wave device excluded.

[sys:1]2020-07-27 04:55:00.464 pm infoZ-Wave Exclude Started for 30 Seconds

Have you tried to factory reset the hub? Because I have and I'm not able to, no matter how I enter the MAC address it tells me invalid password

Also did not work for me. I could not exclude so I did another Z-Wave Radio Reset followed by a reboot on the hub, and another factory reset on the switch. After that I was able to get the switch to enter the inclusion process again and I unchecked all the security class boxes, but I'm back stuck on "Initializing" with the same log lines.

I am afraid to hit the z-wave radio reset or repair as I do not know exactly what they do.

Repair is used to repair or heal the Zwave mesh.

Reset will wipe out any Zwave device on the hub, so like starting from factory new.

Neither option is probably what you want. Hopefully Brian (bcopeland) can get you guys fixed up quickly.

1 Like

quick update... Moved the hub closer to the front door switch, and was able to pair it.

Had to uncheck all the boxes, it then prompted for the 5 digits of the DSK, but they were already filled in (which was odd). I then clicked OK and it asked me to name it.

Still have 4 more switches that need to be paired (which includes the trouble child which I took a pic of earlier).

This is normal currently.

1 Like

another update. moved it closer to another switch... and it failed

2020-07-27 05:15:51.132 pm warnZ-Wave Secure Inclusion failed, the device needs to be excluded then included again.

A little information about the switches giving me trouble, they are ALL dimmers.

The 2 switches that I have been able to pair, are just on/off switches.

not sure if that has anything to do with it or not, just wanted to throw it out there.

That is interesting. The first one I was able to pair (did not uncheck the boxes), had me type in the 5 digits.

With any devices on a c7, you're going to want to use the stock drivers to start off with.
If the device is s2, you can also scan in the qr code using the mobile app.
Initially it's probably best to leave the security grants alone, meaning don't change them.

Well then.. I am having more success with unchecking the security than keeping them checked.

1 Like