New inovelli switches stuck on initializing C7 Hub

That worked! Assigned to device #1, Type #1.

2 Likes

And I can confirm the on/off commands on the device page now work as well.

Also I was able to switch the device over to the Inovelli driver and that seems to be working as intended, although there does appear to be some issues with SetColor() and SetLevel() there:

dev:472020-07-27 05:19:46.455 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of 
method: 
user_driver_InovelliUSA_Inovelli_Dimmer_Red_Series_LZW31_SN_359.childSetLevel() is 
applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: childSetLevel(java.lang.String, java.lang.Object) (childSetLevel)
dev:472020-07-27 05:19:44.914 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: 
user_driver_InovelliUSA_Inovelli_Dimmer_Red_Series_LZW31_SN_359.componentSetColor() 
is applicable for argument types: () values: []
Possible solutions: componentSetColor(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object) (componentSetColor)
dev:472020-07-27 05:19:44.254 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of 
method: 
user_driver_InovelliUSA_Inovelli_Dimmer_Red_Series_LZW31_SN_359.componentSetColor() 
Possible solutions: componentSetColor(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object) (componentSetColor)
dev:472020-07-27 05:19:43.032 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of 
method:

So this kind of worked for me. After doing #4 a device didn't show back up on the discovery page so I just waited for the inclusion to finish.

Then in settings - ZWave a ghost device was there. I ended up tripple pressing the config button and then click discover and it was assigned and added.

Not an ideal situation when I have so many to add so I'll hold out for a bit and hope there is an easy fix for this.

I tried working around this by adding the devices to SmartStart but could not get the devices past a pending state.

Also, I successfully used the workaround above with a warm reboot of the hub only.

I have added a few switches using the workaround, but I have never been prompted for my DSK. I assume this means that the switches are not being added as S2 authenticated devices?

If this is correct, I am wondering if I should pause instead and wait for the fix so I can include them as S2 authenticated.

Personally I wouldn't include any lighting device with any Z-Wave security, but that's me.

Since we don't know the cause of the issue, we aren't going to be able to give you any sort of time line on its resolution at the moment.

5 Likes

Big thanks to all of you in helping with this situation. Greatly appreciate all the effort. For this reason, I am glad I decided to go with hubitat over the rest.

I read all the way through this to see if there was any magic and how many different things could be tried. I have previously posted about pairing issues on these on a C5. I want to like the Inovelli Red dimmers, but as stated earlier, they are a bear to pair! I had to get really close to get some of them to pair.

I have seen similar issues with my brand new C7. Trying to include a HomeSeer WD200+ dimmer. My post is here: First Device Fail - Switching from Indigo

Similarly, supports S2. Tried de-selecting the security checkboxes on inclusion. Most times, it just hangs. It is the first device I have tried adding to the new hub.

I also had issues with homeseer wd100 dimmer.
Got it added by rebooting after zwave seemed hung up. Then going to zwave and discovering the unknown node.

BTW I also was able to use smart start to add all my inovelli devices - BUT I still needed to reboot after it tried to add each device. Just needed to monitor the zwave details section. But a least I didn't need to go to each device to include.

Smart start looks awesome. Looks like its going to be great.

1 Like

I've been working my way through my switches. Lots of excludes and includes and reboots to get things working. Still need another day to get the rest of my zwave devices over.

I've been having issues with more than the inovelli's though. My zooz devices have been giving me some issues as well. Its like almost that gives me a prompt for security needs me to reboot to finish the inclusion.

My zigbee devices were so easy. Just removed and added to the new hub. I did about 80 of those in a morning.

2 Likes

:point_up_2: This, is exactly why I prefer Zigbee :wink:

2 Likes

Not to rustle any feathers here but after reading through this, I'm glad I went with Lutron. Inovelli makes some sweet looking switches but my wife would have about 0.01% patience temperance with me trying to pair z-wave switches and saying "I just need to do this, and it will fix it!" Godspeed to you and hope your issues get resolved.

1 Like

@bcopeland does this seem to be just a C7 issue? I literally just swapped over my entire house to Hubitat (C5) and it was one of the easiest experiences of my life. I have about 30 On/Offs & Dimmers, 8 bulbs, 4x fan/light switches and some old 2-Channel plugs and never ran into any issues pairing.

Side note: Damn, Hubitat is awesome, I should've switched earlier!

12 Likes

I've never had issues adding all my devices to my c4 either. Its just on the C7 its hanging.

1 Like

Is there any reason to use S2 security on anything else besides door locks?

Is anyone using S2 on anything else besides door locks (and garage doors)?

1 Like

not in my opinion... but many others feel otherwise...

1 Like

I am on aeotec siren 6 and ring range extender v2.

But, why?

1. Because those were the defaults that were checked when the screen came up when I paired them, and I think that is what 99.8% of customers will do - so is the best way to test.
  2. For testing the new S2 pairing

Do I actually care if either of those are S2? No.

1 Like