New Hubitat user (Wink refugee) is very happy!

send it to me. im happy to have a spare.

My Leviton is a model DZS15. I believe it was found and added as a Generic Zwave switch, but I can't check right now because the Hubitat is unplugged and sitting in the box. I was able to turn it on and off from the Device screen, but could never get it to respond in a dashboard. Alexa was able to turn it on just fine, but when turning it off, it would turn off, but in a few seconds she would say "Sorry, there was an error with that device". These problems lead me to the "Z-Wave firmware updater" thread in the developer forums. I loaded the updater but couldn't find a firmware file for that switch, and someone in the thread told me that model of switch was way out of date, had no new firmware available and I should just replace it.

Curious why you hate myQ? I've had mine for years, and it just works. Not familiar with their business model on it. I bought mine at Home Depot. Also interested in what you replaced it with. I don't really care if I can open/close the door from Hubitat, I just want to get its current open/closed status and change of status to use in automating other things. With the Wink, I had automation so that when the garage door opened, the Leviton switch (above) would turn on the light in the room off the garage, so you wouldn't come home to a dark house. And another to turn the light off 5 minutes after the garage door closed.

So far those are the only two things I've tried to get working in Hubitat, before the frustration level rose to critical levels. I've got a couple Kasa plugs, and GE Link bulbs that I might try if I get really bored some time and feel like plugging the Hubitat back in. But given my recent "customer service" experience, I'm not sure when/if that will ever happen.

Cool. I accept Paypal. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I'll buy it off you! Send me a PM and we can connect off-line.

I moved from wink to smarttthings, thinking it was the best things ever. But the instability, and phasing out of groovy pushed me away, and the no backups feature really pushed me out when I made a mistake of deleting an important smartapp. I now love hubitat, and the local, fast control is amazing! Finally, my security system will fully work without the internet and is still smart (using konnected)! No compromises with hubitat!

5 Likes

Interesting, what are they moving towards from a community standpoint? All webCore?

@SoundersDude Webcore is groovy too. Seems like they are making regular automations in the new app local.

See that thread for more details. It’s discourse just like this forum, so you can create an account and the ui will be the same.

Switching from Wink as well! I have mine sitting here as I try to anticipate what needs to be replaced. My biggest fear is getting the wrong switches. I don't want to buy a Lutron Pro Bridge since I only have one Lutron switch for my kitchen lights. I have one old GE switch as well. So I guess my question to you is ... can you actually list model #s of what you are using that works? Including the powerline and garage opener (I have myq and it took hours to pair the first time).

Also, what do you guys do for switches that have 2-3 toggles? Most switches I see are the panel switches and I have hard time finding gang plates that intermix or fit smart switches on sale and seem to be guaranteed to work with hubitat. Maybe I am overthinking things, but when I tried it before the switches did not line up in the plate I bought.

I am not ashamed to say I just want to straight copy someone who says their stuff is working. The research has been overwhelming.

I made the same transition. Wink -> SmartThings -> HE. I still use webcore for a few things (RM just makes my head hurt) but most of my rules are native.

1 Like